Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Minor Football kit football stuns seemingly not working
Title. Throwing footballs even with the full football kit seemingly stuns for only 1-2 seconds.
I wouldnt be surprised if this was a holdover since the stun system change considering the low pick rate of football gear. I wonder what its percentage per 100 rounds is?
This effects every item with a thrown stun
(06-18-2018, 12:00 PM)Recusor Wrote: I wouldnt be surprised if this was a holdover since the stun system change considering the low pick rate of football gear. I wonder what its percentage per 100 rounds is?

It's more for those times when you get it rather often in spy rounds.
(06-18-2018, 03:15 PM)New525 Wrote: This effects every item with a thrown stun

The syndicate daggers and infernal pens still stun quite well.
(06-19-2018, 06:52 AM)MrMagolor Wrote:
(06-18-2018, 03:15 PM)New525 Wrote: This effects every item with a thrown stun

The syndicate daggers and infernal pens still stun quite well.

That's because those were specifically addressed per https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=10519
The stuns from the thrown football are meant to be really short on purpose. Think of it more as a ranged disarm, if you want a full KO throw you can pick something like the bowling kit.

The football kit, if I remember correctly, is balanced towards high damage and stamina reduction without much stun. (It can also slam through doors and even walls with a few successive slams, so there's a huge benefit right there)
(06-19-2018, 11:22 AM)mbc Wrote: The stuns from the thrown football are meant to be really short on purpose. Think of it more as a ranged disarm, if you want a full KO throw you can pick something like the bowling kit.

The football kit, if I remember correctly, is balanced towards high damage and stamina reduction without much stun. (It can also slam through doors and even walls with a few successive slams, so there's a huge benefit right there)

True but it's hard to get that damage when people can stun you without much chance to stun them. Even the murderbone items like the katana or csaber have unconsciousness as a side effect of their incredibly high damage.