Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making our robot security team more interesting.
Just been thinking of a few ways to change Beepsky / Guardbuddies a bit and give the crew more to do with and fear from them.

Allow them to have several levels of aggression that can be set from a console. This would allow the security team to decide if the crew should be able to walk around with tasers or not for instance. Or maybe a traitor could decide that any gear is fine but any one wearing a sec id was a target.

The menu could be setup similar to the HoP's ID console where you just click what laws you want the buddies to follow and they'll be applied.

[Tasers][Stunbaton][Flashbang][Flash][Energy Gun][Mismatched ID] etc

If the item is highlighted red then they'll bust you for it. If it's blue then the item is legal.

If you emag the console then the item list would be expanded to include things like the captain's jumpsuit or gas masks. Maybe they could even be set to strip people of their illegal items and dump them in the lost and found or confiscated items crates.
Cool idea. Guard buddies are a bit boring now, I feel like the coding on them have been around from the dawn of time.
I've an idea to make guard buddies a little more "guardier". Allow them to patrol a sector of the station, such as patrol the medbay, or patrol security. It'd be funny whilst in the brig to see Ol' Garner patrol up and down like a robot warden.

On the topic of securitrons, probably should go in the bug reports, but why doesn't the HOS have a securitron programme on his PDA? I haven't been able to play properly with beepsky and his arrest notices yet.
Sundance Wrote:Cool idea. Guard buddies are a bit boring now, I feel like the coding on them have been around from the dawn of time.
I've an idea to make guard buddies a little more "guardier". Allow them to patrol a sector of the station, such as patrol the medbay, or patrol security. It'd be funny whilst in the brig to see Ol' Garner patrol up and down like a robot warden.

On the topic of securitrons, probably should go in the bug reports, but why doesn't the HOS have a securitron programme on his PDA? I haven't been able to play properly with beepsky and his arrest notices yet.

You can do this to an extent with DWAINE right now, but it's tough as hell to set up.
It would be kind of cool if this could extend to individual security records (at the direction of HOP or higher, of course)

E.g Captain could change someone's sec record so that they can carry a weapon.

You could literally sell gun permits.

Buy a permit, and be able to carry your firearm around without question.

This could also open the station up to things like zipguns, without beepsky going nuts.