Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.29 Average
Nerf PDA bomb
My recommendation is to nerf the explosion to something lighter like igniting the person on fire, but to also give the item a general buff.

Like, why not combine it with the tracker, and let you hunt people down with your PDA. What if it let you a send encrypted messages that couldn't be snooped by the AI and such?
Was very knee jerk, though honestly they could use a bit of a change (remote bombs usually cost more and require planting)
(06-14-2018, 08:04 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Was very knee jerk, though honestly they could use a bit of a change (remote bombs usually cost more and require planting)

I think the reason you reacted that way is because you just got REALLY unlucky. Normally people don't lose both arms, and get the tile under them destroyed while they are locked in a room. Usually people just lose the ID get some damage and possibly lose one limb that they can just go to medbay to get reattached. PDA bomb isn't really strong but it can be considering the situation is right and luck is on the bombers side. I think it's fine as it is. It's just part of the good old space luck.
thoughts: leave it as it is (maybe up the price to 2 crystals? pretty ambivalent on the price stuff, myself) except it doesn't destroy IDs. Instead, it flings stored IDs out in a random direction and leaves it damaged and unusable, requiring it to be repaired in some manner. Makes it so youre still pretty fucked for a short period of time but don't basically lose your ID for the round because HoP doesn't want to do his job. This suits the temporary nature of the detomatrix well, as the injuries are currently small enough to not matter if you can get to medbay. It's that short period of being ID-less and crippled/stunned that makes the detomatrix useful.
I like that, though say if you were in a room without repair items you may have to rely on other players being nice to get out
That's sorta the point of the idea, I guess. It gets the same job done as current detomatrix but is just less rude about it in the long term, so you aren't forced to break into somewhere with an identification console and steal a head id just to be able to do your job again
True, mix it with Frank's idea and we got an easy fix (Cept for making broken ID's, maybe have the card get stuck in the broken PDA and require a crowbar/something similar to break it out)
Keep it as is but it doesn't destroy your ID, it gives you a shitty melted version of your ID instead. It's now unreadable and scrambles which doors it's supposed to be able to open.
(06-15-2018, 05:42 AM)locusts Wrote: Keep it as is but it doesn't destroy your ID, it gives you a shitty melted version of your ID instead. It's now unreadable and scrambles which doors it's supposed to be able to open.

Okay, I kind of like that. Not the scrambling, but maybe it just takes a few swipes to register sometimes. Or it gets jammed when inserting and ejecting it from things
^^^^^
I think its fine as is, but I like the melted ID idea. I'm unsure about increasing cost, maybe put it at 2 TC max.
The BOMB function is fun when you can get someone who doesn't know about it but does know how to recieve files. Detomatrix isn't really that useful as most smart players turn their PDA messaging off when playing as high-priority PDA bomb targets.
I never turn mine off because I'm a good sport
PDA bombs are fine. I've gotten used to quickly throwing it off my person when I hear a suspicious beep. I never turn the PDA off either cause I just find the thing too useful to get rid of it or turn it off.
(06-17-2018, 09:09 PM)poland spring Wrote: I never turn mine off because I'm a good sport

This is a good spaceman 
This is what I do also, and I don't bother removing it when it beeps either. I'll usually just scream dramatically and dart for the nearest fuel tank.