Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.29 Average
Nerf PDA bomb
Lost both my arms and my ID whilst locked in my office that had a hole blown in the floor. I am more likely to survive a can bombing than a PDA bombing. I wouldn't mind it so much if it didn't blow off your limbs or at the VERY least had a countdown first
You can turn your messages off or keep your PDA and ID separate. And there already is a bit of delay between when you receive the message and when your PDA explodes.
This seems like a very kneejerky thread, seeing as it only has a chance of any of those events happening, most of the time it doesn't blow a floor, and doesn't take a limb, you just were really unlucky. They are fine as they are, imo.
(06-13-2018, 05:47 PM)Flourish Wrote: You can turn your messages off
First thing I do when I'm actually wearing my clothes PDA. Only jobs that suggest messaging are medical, security, and (sorta) mechanics IIRC.

PDA bombs are already mostly useless unless you spoof em', in which case they become legitimately OP.
I would like if it didn't have a 100% chance to destroy your ID if it's inserted. Losing such a useful tool as a PDA is a pain, but losing both that and your ID is terrible.
I would make them cost more to be honest. You can buy 5 detomatrix cartridges for a total of 15 20 PDA bombs and still have enough for a csaber.
(06-13-2018, 05:47 PM)Flourish Wrote: You can turn your messages off or keep your PDA and ID separate. And there already is a bit of delay between when you receive the message and when your PDA explodes.

That's why I always craft messages to get people to respond rather than toss the PDA

something like...

AI: Hey are you busy?

then boom
I am a paranoid fucker who always disables his PDA messaging.

Despite that, I still disagree with this thread.
im not sure if i agree or disagree with this suggestion, but i will say the "just dont put your id in your pda, and also disable one of the only useful pda features every single round" defense is pretty bad

it's like saying "if you dont want to get in a car accident, never use a car"

sure it's foolproof but it sorta fails to address the actual problem
give the pda bombing app a macro/micro distinction where the cheaper version overheats the PDA, causing your clothing to burst into flames (doesn't permanently destroy the PDA)
I also always turn off my PDA messaging even though it feels like a lame thing to do. I'd rather not lose my ID.
(06-13-2018, 08:04 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: I would make them cost more to be honest. You can buy 5 detomatrix cartridges for a total of 15 PDA bombs and still have enough for a csaber.

Imo, you get too much bang for your buck with detomatrix cartridges. An increase to 2 TC would be a good change.
PDA bomb doesn't need a nerf, it's bad enough as it is.

One time use bomb that MIGHT take out a piece of floor or a limb that takes a solid second to work.

Not the best tool to nerf.
I've honestly never liked them because it discourages PDA use. Before we could stick IDs in them, it was super common to see people just toss them away at round start.
(06-14-2018, 01:09 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I've honestly never liked them because it discourages PDA use. Before we could stick IDs in them, it was super common to see people just toss them away at round start.

Yeah I'm very guilty of that back then. I would just chuck my PDA out the airlock.