Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
lower the time it takes for the emergency shuttle to arrive
right now the time between calling the shuttle and starting another round is hovering close to 20 or so minutes, which in my opinion is insanely long. now that it takes time for the shuttle to get to centcom (by far my favorite feature to be added in years), i find the process to be insanely long.

imo the shuttle should be lowered to 7 minutes for it to arrive; everything else should be the same. still have five minutes to recall the shuttle as well imo.

what do you guys think? i'm always a fan of being able to squeeze more rounds in per day, especially now that 60 minutes is consistent.
(06-11-2018, 04:26 PM)OMJ Wrote: right now the time between calling the shuttle and starting another round is hovering close to 20 or so minutes, which in my opinion is insanely long. now that it takes time for the shuttle to get to centcom (by far my favorite feature to be added in years), i find the process to be insanely long.

imo the shuttle should be lowered to 7 minutes for it to arrive; everything else should be the same. still have five minutes to recall the shuttle as well imo.

what do you guys think? i'm always a fan of being able to squeeze more rounds in per day, especially now that 60 minutes is consistent.

I think when the shuttle transit thing was added forever ago, the times didn't get adjusted to compensate. Just a note.
What if, instead of the shuttle taking 10 minutes to arrive, the escape shuttle was just always present but locked until the first 5 minutes has passed
Well, it (the suggestion) makes sense.

edit: the og suggestion; didn't see Frank's. That's also not bad, but I'm partial to getting splattered by the shuttle.
I say nah just adjust the times to compensate
I think lowering the time would be fine, but I'd like it if there was also an option for Heads to delay the shuttle departure in addition to the option to advance it.
gonna reiterate this again; 18 minutes from shuttle call to next round is way too long
It takes 18 minutes? Oh wait. You mean 18 minutes ~byond time~ yeah?
10 minutes for it to arrive
3 minutes docked
2 minutes in transit
1 minute for server restart
3 minutes to generate Z5 and process geometry
3 minutes for round restart

It seems a little excessive. I support shortening arrival time to 7 minutes + 3 minutes docked or 5 minutes + 5 minutes docked. Now that Z5 takes forever to generate, maybe the round restart time should be shortened to 120 seconds, too. Everyone will be back in the lobby by the time the timer even starts.
Personally I like the 3 minutes lobby time, allows me to rush to the toilet between rounds or gives me time to jump in and/or adjust my character.
(06-13-2018, 08:38 AM)Eibel Wrote: Personally I like the 3 minutes lobby time, allows me to rush to the toilet between rounds or gives me time to jump in and/or adjust my character.

The timer doesn't start until Z5 is generated and the geometry is processed. It used to take a few seconds, now it takes 2+ minutes. The 3-minute lobby timer is really a 6 or 7 minute lobby dealy.
(06-13-2018, 07:17 AM)LuigiThirty Wrote: 10 minutes for it to arrive
3 minutes docked
2 minutes in transit
Really adds up, doesn't it?

Arrival time could be dropped to 5 minutes (no recall block) without issue.
(06-13-2018, 09:28 AM)LuigiThirty Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 08:38 AM)Eibel Wrote: Personally I like the 3 minutes lobby time, allows me to rush to the toilet between rounds or gives me time to jump in and/or adjust my character.

The timer doesn't start until Z5 is generated and the geometry is processed. It used to take a few seconds, now it takes 2+ minutes. The 3-minute lobby timer is really a 6 or 7 minute lobby dealy.

Sometimes it can be pretty quick however. If it could I'd suggest just having the system check how long z5 took to load and eat that off the roundlobby timer.
(06-13-2018, 07:17 AM)LuigiThirty Wrote: 10 minutes for it to arrive
3 minutes docked
2 minutes in transit

It seems a little excessive. I support shortening arrival time to 7 minutes + 3 minutes docked or 5 minutes + 5 minutes docked. Now that Z5 takes forever to generate, maybe the round restart time should be shortened to 120 seconds, too. Everyone will be back in the lobby by the time the timer even starts.

yeah this is fucking ridiculous honestly. you can fit in an entire round in the downtime of two rounds

lobby time should be cut down to 60 seconds now that the z levels take quite a bit to load up; that is effectively the loading time.

my proposition is-
6 minutes and 30 seconds shuttle call, recall valid until 4 minutes have elapsed
2 and a half minutes docked
45 seconds in transit (or 2 docked and 2 in transit. i love the shuttle being in transit honestly)

imo fat needs to be trimmed to fit in more action. do we really need so much down time, especially when the servers are now more tame than ever?
45 seconds transit is too short for how much fun it is when it is in the warp