Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Friendly Wizard Round
so you spawn in as a wizzzard and decide you don't want to rampage until everyones dead and get your sick kicks by recalling the shuttle every time its called late into a round. but you would rather HELP the crew! so you decide to become a practicioner of white magic and learn healing spells and other support magic. well done, wizard, well done...HOWEVER

the order of space wizards will not have this! they will come for you and try to murder the crew! the station must run red with nanotrasen blood and by god it will! 

so what this would do is give wizard players a choice. a choice to make wizard mode into PvP (this is currently what happens) or make it into PvE (non antag healer wizard comes to the station, becomes part of the crew and helps people. every 10 minutes s a wave of monsters of increasing difficulty would spawn in and try to destroy the white wizard and kill all their new friends. upon completing 4 waves the shuttle will arrive, and the crew and white wizard will have to come together and defeat shitty bill who was secretly head of the space wizard organization to escape
Hmmm, warring wizard factions, loaded with all kinds of collateral damage spells. No matter how carefully they fight, and even though they arent out for 'traser blood, their reckless magic cant help but to catch the crew and the station in the crossfire. Not that they mind, the lives of mere mundanes mean little to those who shape the fabric of reality with little more than a word and a waving of a stick.

Also, I personally cant stand friendly wizards. When they arent goofing around breaking windows and filling the hallways with w33d golems like an upgraded Assistant, they're *ironically* assaulting the crew, avoiding organized retribution because they're friendly and fun, and only tryhard twits murder a friendtagonist. Plus, they take up an antag slot that could be filled by someone who might actually antagonize the crew.
(06-11-2018, 03:35 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: so you spawn in as a wizzzard and decide you don't want to rampage until everyones dead and get your sick kicks by recalling the shuttle every time its called late into a round. but you would rather HELP the crew! so you decide to become a practicioner of white magic and learn healing spells and other support magic. well done, wizard, well done...HOWEVER

the order of space wizards will not have this! they will come for you and try to murder the crew! the station must run red with nanotrasen blood and by god it will! 

so what this would do is give wizard players a choice. a choice to make wizard mode into PvP (this is currently what happens) or make it into PvE (non antag healer wizard comes to the station, becomes part of the crew and helps people. every 10 minutes s a wave of monsters of increasing difficulty would spawn in and try to destroy the white wizard and kill all their new friends. upon completing 4 waves the shuttle will arrive, and the crew and white wizard will have to come together and defeat shitty bill who was secretly head of the space wizard organization to escape

Replace "shitty bill" with "Father Jack" and I'm sold.
Slightly related with the different wizard factions. I was working on some wizard stuff, but I had a tiny patch to start that adds a wizard diplomat to the diplomat pool.

I only wanted to come up with a couple funny or simple powers to be given to him instead of the antag powers. Naturally a wizard diplomat would try to talk down the antag.
Good lord no remember gang
(06-11-2018, 10:40 PM)poland spring Wrote: Good lord no remember gang

Are you saying "remember", implying that it was removed? It's still in the game.
Out of the 'probably better if it's admin controlled' roundtypes, I actually liked gang the most. Hate rev. Rather have rev replaced with old nuke; similar effect, but more fun. Ah, well there I go on a tangent again ->

I'm assuming this is to mitigate friendly wizard rounds being ass outside of lowpop. I could definitely get on board with that, but I'm not so sure on this solution.
Wiz Gang: Everyone gets to join a house of magic, harry potter style. Each house of magic has a particular kind of spell theme. AN example would be more defensive spells vs Offensive spells.

Every Wizard house gets a headmaster, who can assign and deduct points from wizard houses on a cooldown. The house with the most points at the end wins the round.

Another player is the Golden snitch. Their only goal is to evade being captured, and they have a host of abilities to help them zoom away. Capturing the snitch gives your house a bunch of points and ends the round.
(06-12-2018, 09:02 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Wiz Gang: Everyone gets to join a house of magic, harry potter style. Each house of magic has a particular kind of spell theme. AN example would be more defensive spells vs Offensive spells.

Every Wizard house gets a headmaster, who can assign and deduct points from wizard houses on a cooldown. The house with the most points at the end wins the round.

Another player is the Golden snitch. Their only goal is to evade being captured, and they have a host of abilities to help them zoom away. Capturing the snitch gives your house a bunch of points and ends the round.

Sooooo Ass Day Waldo
I'm down for hogfarts school of magic
(06-12-2018, 10:08 AM)poland spring Wrote: I'm down for hogfarts school of magic

*Honkfarts school of magic.
Also, only random people are antags, who need to take out all the headmaster's to win. They are death eaters
Id be all for a way for friendly wizards to shine, perhaps some less lethal, more fun and gimmicky spells and if you haven't killed a crew member by a certain time, the next person to join/some ghost is turned into 1. An enemy wizard who must hunt you down and kill you, along with the crew or B. A Wizard hunter with a crossbow and some anti-wizard gear, tasked with murdering you and eliminating people who have discovered that magic/wizard hunters exist