Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Changelings should absorb player monkeys
They don't and it kinda sucks ass when usually you get to play as a hand friend instead
I dunno I like trolling changelings who try to eat me whenever I play Test Subject or most of the time as geneticist.
Eh, taking away one of the good things monkies have seems kind of shit.
Changelings seem to need human DNA to function. This is why humans are always the target. They can turn into a monkey from the get go giving them no reason to absorb monkeys. So I dont see a reason to make them absorb-able. Other than getting another player in your hindmind. Which would be the only good reason to me.
It likes dogs too, IIRC.

Are people abusing it like they were fatness? If not, then it's fine as it is. You can still kill them afterall. It's not like lings have to worry about DNA anymore when a single robust handspider can take care of that.
How is it a bonus to just be dead instead of a cool handspider??? Fuck this I'm just gonna turn the crew to monkeys next changeling round and y'all can tell me how fun it is when you're nothin but a choked out simian corpse

Also I'm only talking about PLAYER CONTROLLED monkeys jesus
Starting to think this is another kneejerk thread.
Can you at least explain the benefit of not making this change
(06-11-2018, 10:39 PM)poland spring Wrote: Can you at least explain the benefit of not making this change

If anything I explained why it would be good to have it. Like I said it would get another player in your hivemind. I'm pretty indifferent to this.
Monkey players are pretty rare as it is, even with genetic assistance. This is fixing a problem that almost never exists.
So it isnt so much that this is a bad idea, more so an inconsequential one. Got it!

Also sorry family is visiting while a chronic health problem has cropped up and I am ten flavors of assy.
i like the idea of being able to absorb player monkeys since people could just try to cheese and transform themselves into monkeys to avoid getting ate
Ya know, I'm for this, but with a few caveats

1. Changeling should be able to absorb all monkeys, but only get DNA points from player controlled ones
  2. While in lesser form, you can transform into the different monkeys you absorbed, so you don't have an obvious name like most changeling monkeys do
Later on, would be nice if we absorb other critters for transforming into them during lesser form, and if hand spiders and such could also transform into lesser critters.
(06-12-2018, 06:40 AM)poland spring Wrote: So it isnt so much that this is a bad idea, more so an inconsequential one. Got it!

Aye. It's not like I'm opposed. It's more of a question to popular opinion, of which the general consensus is usually "not getting eaten". Might be the opposite, these days.
Idea: changelings on other servers have an anti-obesity sting, allowing them to slim down fat dudes so they can eat them. Give lings a mega-mutadone sting that reverts people stung back to a baseline human and removes all their mutations. Can cost a small amount of DNA so it isn't abused.