Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a handful of arm suggestions.
This idea is probably the least likely to get added, but it would be neat if someone could take botanys chainsaw and perminantly afix it to their arm stump, ala evil dead.

Maybe it could be a feature of the red chainsaw, a traitor botanist feeling brave could cut their own arm off with it and have a chainsaw arm, assuming they don't bleed out first. The chainsaw arm would pretty much work like holding a chainsaw, except the chainsaw stays there permanently so you can't drop it.

Limb cloning. Perhaps that machine that seems to kill people in genetics could be used to also print new limbs, giving people replacement arms using a dna sample. This would also require less material then a full clone (I guess that's how it works. I don't know)

Also, it should be possible to cut people's hands off in the future as well, so if someone's just missing a hand, you can just cut off one from an arm laying around, instead of lobbing off everything.
I don't think there's really any reason to distinguish between hands and arms. It would almost certainly require a lot of extra code, and for no real gain of anything. Plus, if you wanted to use a robotic replacement, you'd have to lop the whole arm off anyway, since there's no robot hands.
A 100% knockdown weapon permanently attached to your body?

Well it's unbalanced as FUCK but it would take a little more work since you have to find someone willing to knowingly help a traitor
Klayboxx Wrote:A 100% knockdown weapon permanently attached to your body?

Well it's unbalanced as FUCK but it would take a little more work since you have to find someone willing to knowingly help a traitor

THAT FUCKING GREEN TOOLBOX.

But hey, this looks fun as hell! A bit too much of an homage, but it's a good one!
If the chainsaw arm also transformed you into a monster out of Doom 2 that could easily be considered not human by the AI, that might be another appropriate disadvantage.

Giving up on stealth and the use of one hand is already a draw back since you can't put the red chainsaw in your backpack anyway.
Wydamn Wrote:If the chainsaw arm also transformed you into a monster out of Doom 2 that could easily be considered not human by the AI, that might be another appropriate disadvantage.

Giving up on stealth and the use of one hand is already a draw back since you can't put the red chainsaw in your backpack anyway.

yes

yes yes

yes yes yes
they need to turn ridiculously violent to the point where even if they try to do good they cause problems

like, if you try to help someone up, you end up stabbing them with the saw, or if you try to open a door, there's a small chance you'll stab through the door and get electrocuted through the chainsaw

also, make it impossible to use guns and make even using medicine or food difficult
icarus Wrote:they need to turn ridiculously violent to the point where even if they try to do good they cause problems

like, if you try to help someone up, you end up stabbing them with the saw, or if you try to open a door, there's a small chance you'll stab through the door and get electrocuted through the chainsaw

also, make it impossible to use guns and make even using medicine or food difficult
This is dumb, they still have a regular hand.

Now, if they replaced both hands with chainsaws, maybe that could be a problem.
Dauntasa Wrote:
icarus Wrote:they need to turn ridiculously violent to the point where even if they try to do good they cause problems

I would love to see you try to fire any gun with one hand and be even mildly accurate.
This probably wouldn't be feasible for a traitor thing, but while reading this thread I thought of an admin-spawned enemy who has red chainsaws for arms and a permanent berserker virus that made him swing chainsaws wildly.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
Dauntasa Wrote:

I would love to see you try to fire any gun with one hand and be even mildly accurate.
Well almost all the guns in this game are pistols and they can't be fired at people who are more than a few feet away anyway
Have you ever genuinely tried to fire a pistol with one hand?
BlackPhoenix Wrote:Have you ever genuinely tried to fire a pistol with one hand?
I'll back up the point that accurately aiming a pistol with one hand is near-impossible and also hurts quite a bit.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:Have you ever genuinely tried to fire a pistol with one hand?
I'll back up the point that accurately aiming a pistol with one hand is near-impossible and also hurts quite a bit.
Seriously, and it hurts worse the next day. Tip, next time you're at the shooting range and think "Man, I wonder what it feels like to fire a pistol one handed", DON'T.
You gun geeks. This is a game where people fire RPGs and all manner of guns one-handed without difficulty anyway. Not real life!

Trying to pick up anything with chainsaw arms: Stare at it and cry.