Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Spy Abilities
I think it would be neat if the spies had a few extra tricks they could do on account of their Elite spy training
  • Disguise Voice: Spies can match near anyone's voice without the aid of a voice changer. Effect lasts for 10 seconds and then has a 120 second cooldown
  • Disguise Face: Subject will appear as the ID they wear, without the aid of a fake mustache. Effect lasts 10 seconds then has a 150 second cooldown
  • Shadowy Saboteur: By lying down, you can temporarily turn invisible without the aid of a cloaking device, provided you don't move. Ability lasts 8 seconds and as 180 second cooldown
  • Parkour: Perform a series of flips that blocks damage and allows you to flip over tables 30 second cool down
  • Disarm and disassemble: Take a gun from an opponent's hand, remove the ammo, and automatically toss both in seperate directions. 10 second cool down
  • Karate Chop: A knockout blow that instantly stuns your targets stamina without doing brute damage. 60 Second cooldown
disarm and disassemble should probably have a longer cooldown, but otherwise i like it
I like this a lot. As it stands, I feel like Spy plays too much like Traitor.

Would these abilities all be available to the spy at start, or would they be gated behind doing assignments, the same way vamp and ling powers are gated behind blood and dna?
I would say start, since you get items as a reward for objectives. The abilities are more little aces up your sleeve to pull out when you need them
(06-04-2018, 09:41 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I would say start, since you get items as a reward for objectives. The abilities are more little aces up your sleeve to pull out when you need them

There's also incentive not to use them at start, because it's a dead giveaway, so there's balance
Sounds like a pretty okay buff for "traitor with errands to run and also now you have to deathmatch good luck"
I feel like some of these, like the disarm one, could be added as bounty rewards or surplus crate items.

On a related note, being able to claim more bounties after 6(but still an overall limit) would be nice.
I think a spy skill that might be sorta useful is one of those movie Choke outs/vulcan neck pinches where you grab someone from behind and they pass out. Unless you think Karate Chop already covers stunning.

Also potential spy shenanigan: choke out someone, drop a bunch of alcohol bottles/pills next to them, and then ask medbay to check on them.