Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.17 Average
Spacker-12 to become 2-handed
There's no reason that a spacker-12 should be infinitely better than a riot shotgun and come with lethal ammo, even with 8 TCs, and not be 2-handed like the riot shotgun AND tranq rifle/ak-744.
Idea: Give it an extendable stock that converts it from two handed to one handed.

When two handed, it operates like it does now, when one handed, it flings you backwards when firing
i think it's fine considering the cost is 75% of your TC
(06-06-2018, 05:29 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: i think it's fine considering the cost is 75% of your TC

I agree with this. But two handed weapons sound cool as well if you ask me.
The reason the Spacker-12 is better than the riot shotgun is because back when the only difference between them was their starting ammo, traitors just ignored the spacker, bought an emag instead, and raided the armory for a riot shotgun and hacked the ammovend to get buckshot. If we make the Spacker 2-handed, then people will just ignore it again.
I will never use a two-handed gun when a one-handed option is available.

Especially one as loud and noisy as a shotgun.
Seems kinda win at all costs mentality to me?
(06-06-2018, 07:25 PM)BlackPhoenix Wrote: Seems kinda win at all costs mentality to me?

and?
I wouldn't buy the spacker if it was 2 handed. Then again I only usually get the surplus crate.
As the person who's been redrawing guns and flipping the 2-handed flag, I haven't found a good reason to do so for the spacker.

As other folks have said in the thread, why buy it if it's only better than the riot shotgun due to the ammo it comes with? At least being one handed gives it one more unique feature. As a rule, traitor equipment should be expected to be more lethal than standard station gear. The barman shouldn't be as well armed as a syndicate traitor.

Still, I'll keep an eye on this thread in-case anyone has a convincing argument.
(06-07-2018, 02:21 AM)Gannets Wrote: As the person who's been redrawing guns and flipping the 2-handed flag, I haven't found a good reason to do so for the spacker.

As other folks have said in the thread, why buy it if it's only better than the riot shotgun due to the ammo it comes with? At least being one handed gives it one more unique feature. As a rule, traitor equipment should be expected to be more lethal than standard station gear. The barman shouldn't be as well armed as a syndicate traitor.

Still, I'll keep an eye on this thread in-case anyone has a convincing argument.

Make it 2-handed but give it a 2-shot burst mode?

Maybe the bullet velocity could be increased too.

Or maybe, give it a cylaume bayonet - yeah no

Okay I have a lot of ideas, sorry for editing

Maybe nerf the riot shotgun as well- make it unable to fit in backpacks, where even the 2handed spackers can?

Reduce the riot shotgun's magazine size to 4, while the spacker remains 8?

Make the riot shotgun have less accuracy and maybe knock back the user a bit?

Make the spacker a good weapon for stunning in melee when you're out of ammo and don't have time to reload?
Actually, I kinda like the burst idea but applied differently

Riot shotgun looks like it's pump action while the Spacker could be semiautomatic, so all ya gotta do is have a faster fire rate on it to distinguish them
Hmm. About the cylaume saber bayonette....That's a bad idea but it makes me wonder. Does the spacker have good melee damage? Remember how the old hunting rifle had the strong melee attack. If spacker gets made 2 handed I say give it that same melee attack but also have it stun.
How about giving it an under barrel grenade launcher
(06-07-2018, 11:06 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Hmm. About the cylaume saber bayonette....That's a bad idea but it makes me wonder. Does the spacker have good melee damage? Remember how the old hunting rifle had the strong melee attack. If spacker gets made 2 handed I say give it that same melee attack but also have it stun.

great melee damage

shh don't tell anyone though