Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Remove the item theft bar
MBC asked me to make this to remind him of it plus people in discord seem to agree that it's lame.

I do not like the bar cause it let's everyone know what you are doing and remove any smart stealth play on the player's part, removing a advantage they could desperately need. In the old days in the chat when someone tried to loot you it said it big bold red letters that someone was trying to steal from you.

I think that's all that is needed. If you can't pay attention to the chat and the game at the same time you are the only one to blame.
remove the bar
Good idea ed
remove it for actions that could reasonably be taken stealthily, leave it in for actions that should always be obvious. take it out for pickpocketing, leave it in for stripping someone's jumpsuit off.
I do wish it was visible only to the one doing the thing. It’s kinda nice to know how long you have left.
i agree with blackphoenix, make the bar only visible to the person performing the action
Ye. I think we'd all be pretty adept pickpockets, given the station we serve on.
This would be cool.
I like it, though perhaps if you're facing away from the person picking you then you shouldn't get a notification till the end
(06-05-2018, 08:20 PM)Dabir Wrote: remove it for actions that could reasonably be taken stealthily, leave it in for actions that should always be obvious. take it out for pickpocketing, leave it in for stripping someone's jumpsuit off.

I like this

I'd also suggest that intents play a role, so you could have a faster but obvious option, but then also a stealthy but slower option, as well as an assisted option that is more like when handing a person an object, where they have the option to instantly complete it for you
Alright, thought about it more, here's what I'd want:

For picking pockets, make it a two step process. First step is putting your hand in the pocket to get whatever, second step is getting it out. If you're interrupted in step 1, nothing happens, only you see any indicator you were doing it. When step 2 starts, it plays a quiet rustling noise to you and the target, same sound as opening a backpack. if you're interrupted in step 2, you still get the item, but you weren't able to remove it subtlely so you make an obvious message in chat and idk maybe a cartoon yoink noise.

For removing hats that don't fully enclose the head, and maybe eyewear idk, no indicators to anyone but yourself before it happens but an obvious message when you get the hat, to represent you carefully getting into position to grab it or knock it off.

Everything else should have a visible bar start to finish, unless I've forgotten something else you could feasibly take off someone stealthily.
I like all of that, no more additions needed. Close the thread cause we've hit the roof, anything else will just be a downhill
Keep the bar but add gloves that remove the bar
(06-06-2018, 02:41 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: I like all of that, no more additions needed. Close the thread cause we've hit the roof, anything else will just be a downhill

No.