Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Cryo Cell update
This is a pretty small update, I added a couple new features to the Cryo Cells to make them a bit more useful. Just copying the notes from the pull request.
  • You can use syringes to inject reagents into the cryo cell's beaker just by clicking on the cell. No more having to take out the beaker.
  • You can use a defibrillator on a cell and you can defibrillator the occupant of the cell.
  • You can add a health analyzer upgrade to the cryo cell to view the reagents in an occupant.
  • You can toggle viewing the contents of the beaker.
  • The health scan shown in the cryo cell menu now is identical to what the (upgraded)health analyzer shows.
Here's the new menu layout: 

[Image: gIhH8FA.png]

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...e?expand=1
Does Defib detect if person actually needs it like the.........defib does, or do you have to eject them and check repeatedly?
presumably thats achieved by the health scanner if kyle's wording is anything to go by
(06-05-2018, 01:23 AM)Technature Wrote: Does Defib detect if person actually needs it like the.........defib does, or do you have to eject them and check repeatedly?

(06-05-2018, 03:17 AM)cyberTripping Wrote: presumably thats achieved by the health scanner if kyle's wording is anything to go by

It's already built into /obj/item/proc/defibrillate
Yeah, Noah's right of course. The defibrillate function of the Cryo cell uses the same proc.

When you add a defibrillator to the cryo cell, it literally hold's the defibrillator in memory to use that proc. Currently I didn't put in a way to remove the defibrillator from the Cryo Cell since I didn't really want to deal with find the best way for removing components with a button or using a screwdriver or something. Might be worth adding if I can decide on the best way for that.
I don't see why you'd want to remove it though
(06-05-2018, 04:10 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I don't see why you'd want to remove it though

Yeah me neither, that's part of why I didn't think you'd want to. But "technically" I think you could add an emagged defibrillator to the cryo cell and it would retain that nefarious functionality. But that's pretty fun too. I also had an idea of having each upgrade increase the power consumption of the cryo cell, but that was non-trivial so I didn't do it.
A removal function would be good for if someone added an emagged defib to the cryo and you wanted to fix it.

Or vice versa.
(06-05-2018, 05:05 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: A removal function would be good for if someone added an emagged defib to the cryo and you wanted to fix it.

Or vice versa.

Fine, it's done. Now you can use a wrench on the cryo cell to take out the defib.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...abea0f2b76
I like it, another step toward the cryocells becoming a valuable asset to Medbay!

Is it possible to have the cryocells also strip the patient? Maybe just their outersuit and headgear, just so they get good and cold.
(06-06-2018, 06:45 AM)Superlagg Wrote: I like it, another step toward the cryocells becoming a valuable asset to Medbay!

Is it possible to have the cryocells also strip the patient? Maybe just their outersuit and headgear, just so they get good and cold.

Wizard counterplay
(06-06-2018, 06:48 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 06:45 AM)Superlagg Wrote: I like it, another step toward the cryocells becoming a valuable asset to Medbay!

Wizard counterplay

OK, I made this change, but to take into account "Wizard counterplay" a mob will only drop items equipped in your outersuit and headgear IF you are on HELP intent. I'm very open to more small changes like this for this patch, but I don't want to make it a whole rework or anything.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...14cb280452
I made an "update" to this patch. The Cryo menu now has an "Eject Occupant" button. plz add.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...6f3a3691b4