Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Major Non-AI Borg can recall to mainframe and kill AI instantly
This seems to be a pretty rare bug, but it also instantly kills the AI player and makes them unable to become a ghostdrone, so I'm calling it a Major bug.

So a recently-borged player was able to Recall to Mainframe. This caused them to become the AI, with the same name and everything, and the AI (me) to crash and be an observer (more specifically, a ghost with no identifying features called "the Observer") upon rejoining. I was also unable to become a ghostdrone afterwards (but I could become a ghost critter).

I was just moving around as the AI eye and not interacting with anything when I lost connection, so it seems likely that this is a problem initiated on the borg player's end.

Someone tells me that this happened to them in a round in which there were two AIs, in which one AI controlled the other's borg and then recalled. Perhaps relatedly, the roboticist had made me two borgs that round.  It could be that at some point thereafter he swapped the AI board out of one and put that guy's brain in, and the borg shell retained the Recall to Mainframe command?
I wonder if it has anything to do with the name of the borg at the time.

Example: Roboticist makes a drone shell for AI with interface board in brain slot. He either names it the same as the AI, or the AI uses it twice so that the shell takes the AI name automatically. At some point the roboticist replaces the ai interface with a human brain and the option remains available leading to this bug?
Fixed.