Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Woah, that shouldn't have a shadow!" - THE THREAD
Post stuff that shouldn't have shadowing or something weird is going on that is directly related to the update.
Actually, forget what I said earlier: it was just 2 cloakers which probably have an increased effect.

But: An area that is cloaked by a generator is easily viewable with shadows on. Woah, that shouldn't have a shadow!
This might have been fixed already but I saw a disguised floor closet with a shadow which really ruins the disguise.
Floor closets are fixed, i believe.
Objects which would probably lie fairly flat on a surface. I think I noticed towels have shadows
(06-04-2018, 09:43 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Objects which would probably like fairly flat on a surface. I think I noticed towels have shadows

Only things that would be embedded into the floor like drains will have shadows removed.
Vampires

Shit no wait that's mirrors

And Peter Pan
False walls in general have their shadows get fucked up and that makes them easy to spot. Sorry if that isn't the exact reason for this thread but thought it might be relevant.
(06-04-2018, 07:19 PM)fosstar Wrote: False walls in general have their shadows get fucked up and that makes them easy to spot. Sorry if that isn't the exact reason for this thread but thought it might be relevant.

[Image: unG79SE.png]

I see nothing wrong. But yes, I fixed that bug. It's also not the point of this thread.
shadows?? looks more like a budget form of SSAO to me!!!

anyway it's kinda weird when you have that natural illumination around yourself and having a shadow underneath, for example the dim medbay lobby(cog1) makes this very apparent
vomit blood that sort of thing
meat station false-floors have shadows

the overlays provided by the cloaking field generator also have them, which renders it mostly useless if you have shadows turned on
could you provide an image of the cloaking field thing? I'm not sure exactly what is going on from your sentence.

edit: floors fixd