Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slightly toning down abandoned crates' explosions
I don't know how people will feel about this, but I think now that dismemberment is in, the amount of brute damage exploding abandoned crates do might need to be toned down. I know I'm not likely to risk my arms to open abandoned crates when I'm out exploring - all I ever find is stuff I end up sending back to robotics or the QM, anyway, so why bother?

I figure they don't do that much damage, really, but it is enough to take an arm - maybe instead it should be just under what it takes to take an arm off?

Not a big deal, either way, of course. Just a small suggestion.
That's not really possible to do without adjusting the strength of ex_act severity 3 for everything. Nerfing abandoned crates would also nerf every other explosion.

I strongly suggest that you don't use the third attempt unless you're feeling really lucky. Better idea: use one of the two tools that can dramatically improve your odds of opening it, or just wildly guess two times and then trick someone else into doing the third try.
Wait, two tools? I thought there was only one tool that helps you with abandoned crates?
I only know about one of the tools, as well. Guess it's two tries only now! Thanks for the response, Cogwerks.
I've been able to run off right after entering the third number in so that I don't get hurt. All it takes is a bit of timing and skill, and probably some luck. End running is probably best for it if you have a space suited for that.
RIP being able to remotely press buttons using only the power of your mind.
Actually, testing it recently, I can no longer run in time. I assume it was changed.
I also lost a limb.

I assume ex_act severity 3 means an explosion of the 3rd severity? Why not set it to severity 2?
ex_act 1 blows holes into space and gibs people
ex_act 2 might blow holes into space but might not, and usually just does a shitload of damage to people
ex_act 3 roughs up the floors and machines a bit and will do the lowest tier of damage to people.

There's no fourth tier.
Oh, I figured the higher severities were worse.