Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Aesthetic Monk Scroll traitor item
a scroll that once used would give you unparalleled unarmed combat prowess but at a heavy cost...

- cannot use guns
- cannot use melee weapons 
- cannot throw (unless it's a person then throw them with all your strength)
- can sidestep projectiles (each projectile dodge eats up 1/2 your stamina bar, would be toggleable)
- can parry melee weapons to deliver a devastating counter attack (the parry would consume 1/4 of your stamina bar, would again be toggleable so you dont burn through your stamina)
- can move much faster and sprint much faster
- with your combination of strength and dexterity, you are able to punch doors in just the right spot to make them open. you can also punch cyborgs without harming yourself
- as you have become an aesthetic you have started your water fast (can't eat things, can only drink water which restores stamina)
- you may discommunicate yourself from the Order of the space Fist monastery by destroying your robes, robbing you of your power. perchance you die and are cloned, you will retain your knowledge of martial arts. (can choose to not be a monk anymore)
I think the word you wanted as ascetic.
I'll admit it, I thought this was going to be a copy and paste of the martial arts scroll from tgstation. But this idea is actually pretty unique.

It's sort a defensive/counter-offensive version of the wrestling belt. You don't get any special moves (so no insta-stun melee attacks or anything), and you can't use batons or tasers, but that's okay, because you have toggleables to nullify them and extra speed close the gap between people who can use them and dodge their shots/hits. But you still have to be a bit careful because said toggeables will burn your stamina quickly, and a smart opponent will simply shoot you a few times to tire you out into unconsciousness. But it'd be a bit hard for them to get a shot on you in first place, because again, extra speed.

I also think the whole "water restores stamina" could foster a hilarious water tank meta, though it could get dangerously overpowered if water pills instantly restored your stamina.

This is also a great opportunity to use atamus's superb karate gi sprite.
Aesthetic monk? It lets you illuminate manuscripts tastefully? I think you're confused with ascetic. Just call it Kung Fu gear.
(06-03-2018, 05:12 PM)BlackPhoenix Wrote: I think the word you wanted as ascetic.
To be fair, an aesthetic monk sounds amazing.