Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Request] Sprites for vending machine restocking cartridges
I recently made a patch that allows the QM to order various cartridges that can restock the items in a vending machine. There are individual cartridges for just about every type of vending machine that dispenses items on the station. I think it's a decent addition and it's definitely been requested before, it was fine to code, but there are just too many types of cartridges for me to sprite.

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=10570

I just didn't make all the different sprites for different types. I kind of wanted them each to be a different colour or have a different icon in the middle of them to differentiate the cartridges. 

Here's the list of all the types of vending machines: coffee, snack, cigarette, medical, medical_public, security, security_ammo, cola, electronics, mechanics, computer3, floppy, pda, book, kitchen, monkey, magivend, standard, hydroponics, alcohol, chem, cards

Attached is the "sprite" I made as a placeholder. Its really bad, but I just don't have it in me to make all these so I wasn't going to make a good looking single one if someone else wanted to try fixing making it.

Attached Files Image(s)

.dmi   restock cartridge.dmi (Size: 252 bytes / Downloads: 193)
Here's the frame:
[Image: Plx5MWa.png]
There is also the overlay. It has 19 icon states: 1 for each vending machine, more or less.

I really wanted to post a .gif I made showing the overlays as they appear on their own, but the "insert an image" function of this thing will just not accept any imgur links for it. I tried like four times with four different uploads and it just will not happen. The DMI is nevertheless attached to this post, and is fully functional

Here is a .gif of what the overlays look like on the base/frame
[Image: qOqXZcK.gif]

Attached Files
.dmi   vendcart.dmi (Size: 351 bytes / Downloads: 185)
.dmi   vendcart_overlay.dmi (Size: 2.31 KB / Downloads: 200)