Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Clothing sizes
Shoes, gloves, uniforms, and suits would all have 3 sizes, small, medium, and large

Pick a body type in the character creation screen to select a small, medium, or large frame. This makes your starting clothes that size.

Medium size can wear both small and large. Small and large can both wear mediums, but not the opposite.

Having a small or large frame confers a higher stamina Regen vs larger stamina pool respectively

All clothing can be retailored using a publicly available machine, and spawned clothing would be about 60% mediums, and 20% each Small and Large

An alternative to not being able to wear clothing too big or small is to instead allow it but add a debuff due to discomfort

Also, an XL size for obesity friendly clothes and for clown shoes
I like this very much
Citadel also lets you choose the size of your character, though its not as in depth as this. I like it!
clowns can no longer equip shoes below an XXXL size
Does this mean we could have a dwarf size that allows us to spawn as little people?

Because that sounds slightly funny but also kinda not politically correct unless nobody cares about dwarfism in outer space.
i would love for the game to handle a wide variety of body types, but this is quite a large Ask. Mainly because we would have to resprite every clothing item to fit X number of body types that we've added. (I guess in this case it means every clothing item needs 2 additional versions for Small and Large)

its still totally possible, but we'd need a bunch of spriter effort behind it.

(Unless I'm misunderstanding and you have another idea that doesn't involve redrawn clothing sprites)
Maybe just have it mention the size in the box, with some clothes being 1 size fits all (excluding fatty)
(01-03-2019, 05:59 PM)mbc Wrote: i would love for the game to handle a wide variety of body types, but this is quite a large Ask. Mainly because we would have to resprite every clothing item to fit X number of body types that we've added. (I guess in this case it means every clothing item needs 2 additional versions for Small and Large)

its still totally possible, but we'd need a bunch of spriter effort behind it.

(Unless I'm misunderstanding and you have another idea that doesn't involve redrawn clothing sprites)

While redrawing sprites would be nice, I think just having the size displayed on examine, and having a message appear when placing clothing on ("This feels comfy/snug/baggy") would handle idea without needing a visual difference

BONUS: The laziest way I can imagine doing it with sprites would be to have a "(  )" or a ")  (" silhouette style shadow overlay to suggest a figure just placed directly on top of the existing sprite