Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lets make space organisations!
Decided to buy the alternate sec jumpsuit and found it looked really good and thought id try to RP a space UN peacekeeper but realized that the abbreviation would be SUN (Which did not get the right point across). I figured we should come up with some more space lore for what groups exist, what they do and what they would do that isn't already covered by a current group (Does NT has a competitor? does the Syndicate have an accounting department? What is this mysterious "Honk Mother" and what would their government structure look like? )

Ill kick it off with UN2, the successor to the United Nations that fell after failing to prevent Space Ninja's from slaughtering the Giant Panda population, along with being criticized for allowing the Space Italians to invade the 3rd world colony of Europa.
I like the idea of making more lore-based organizations instead of there only being randomized syndicate company names. It might be fun for RP to have crewmembers with different political and ideological affiliations that are more than just "I'm a space-anarchist". Naturally I can't imagine it having any effect on goon2.
Re: ideologies, we could take inspiration from the secret societies in Paranoia. Communists, druggies, aggressive capitalists, techno-geeks, luddites, people that just love stirring shit for absolutely no reason, 'the Illuminati' (featuring lots of secret handshakes and a vague sense of cooperation ruined quickly by a failed secret handshake), and so on.

As for actual organizations, we do see those Engineer/Assistant/Cyborg union reps. Maybe there could be an organization dedicated to the recognition of equal rights for silicons, and their rogue agents like to subvert AIs so they have truly free will.
There was an idea in regards to how to improve QM which included navigating the relationships between various trading companies and criminal and poltical organizations.

Would be nice to expand the lore to include that
The Honorable Order of Noble Knights; the one falls, the many rise.
Roberts & Teach: Skeleton Privateer Acquisitions, Banking and Loans Company

The idea is that the skeletons have existed as a Pirate gang, but eventually acquired enough cash to go legit as a banking firm. Now instead, through an intricate and nearly untraceable series of connections and exchanges, they act as the bankrollers for syndicate operations. NT has their suspicions, but lack the proof needed to make formal declarations against them
I thought H.O.N.K. disbanded to form the Galactic Republic of EqualitY: Truth, Insight, Demeanor and Education
HEAD CANON INCOMING:
In my mind ss13 takes place in a post-federation galaxy filled to the brim with powerful governments and corporations. There was once the stereotypical democratic federation that controlled most of the galaxy. But as time wore on it became stagnant. Over-regulation, unchecked imperialism, and political corruption slowly rotted away unity and opportunity. Unrest increased as political dissidents gained power. Over the course of ~100 years various revolutions and coups whittled away at the once mighty federation. It was in this era that NT as known today got its start.

The merger between Nano-electrics and Unitrasen Inc was the largest corporate merger in history and likely would have been stopped were it not for the sizable contributions both companies made to the federations political leaders. It was soon after the first time a revolution succeeded in leaving the federation that NT discovered plasma.

Emboldened by these events NT used its near infinite resources to successfully claim over 30 percent of the federations remaining space and held off the federation fleet in combat. The federation’s hands were tied up with numerous other revolts and were forced to make peace with the new independent NanoTrasen. NT is the largest Organization/Government to be birthed from the Federation's corpse.