Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intent based interactions with liquid containers
Help intent: No interactions with anything
Disarm: Drink from the container
Grab intent: Pour a little bit from the container
Harm intent: Splash out the entire container

Maybe with this system we could even drink directly from beakers, yah?
Impossible next you'll tell us you believe in "ceilings" (yes please make this happen)
this sounds great! even if it's not tied to Intent, just let us cycle through the other two options the same way we swap from pour to splash
Soooo many times, I've accidentally dumped my glass of guff on the light tube behind the dispenser trying to put it back in, or spilled my bottle of save-me-chem all over the floor in the middle of my wild convulsions. This would do a lot to keep that from happening!

Or at least default the containers to a tight grip, as opposed to the current loose grip.
Really like this idea. The current loosely/tightly gripped thing in terms of spilling beakers was not intuitive at all, at least to me.

The only concern I have is that allowing things like beakers or large beakers to force people to drink from it like bottles might be a little OP. Not sure though, would have to see.
The amount I wish I could just drink from my beaker is unmeasurable. This sounds like a wonderful idea.

(05-23-2018, 01:38 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: Really like this idea. The current loosely/tightly gripped thing in terms of spilling beakers was not intuitive at all, at least to me.

The only concern I have is that allowing things like beakers or large beakers to force people to drink from it like bottles might be a little OP. Not sure though, would have to see.

I dunno, patches filled with anything other than GoodChems:tm: have an application time and those can have plenty of units in them. Same with pills. Beakers, you could only forcefeed 10u at a time unless you rapid clicked and that's not even really that efficient.