Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Targeted Grab effects, and oft hand techniques
Played around with grabs recently and thought about some possible techniques that could be added, based on where you were targeting someone when you advance to the high stage grab

1. Head: The current system. Advanced grab chokes someone out, eventually killing them
  2. Torso: Advanced grab performs an advanced grip. After waiting similar length of time to grab a neck, you instead get a better grip of someone and can move faster with them while carrying them
  3. Arms: This as an advanced pinning technique in which while being held, they would behave as if they had handcuffs on
  4. Legs: Performing an advanced grab on the legs activates Supplex mode, in which pressing the direction keys performs a special grapple move. Requires two free hands to perform
  • Up/w= The Martian Missle - Lift your opponent in the air, spinning them while you aim to throw them into something. The force of the throw is harmful to both your opponent and anyone or thing they should hit
  • Left/a= The Saturnalian Slammer - Equips your opponent like a weapon, allowing you to bash them into things and other people
  • Down/s= The Jumping Jovian - Jump into the air with the opponent, slamming them headfirst into the ground to knock them unconscious  
  • Right/d= The Venusian Vice - Twist your opponents in a devastating hold that has a lingering slowed movement status applied to them
Additionally, I noticed that when holding someone, there isn't much interaction between them and anything you might be holding in your hand. Some ideas
  • Sharp instruments like knives, glass shards, and such. Holds the point to their neck, causing their throat to get slit if they resist out of the hold
  • Guns can be pressed up against the head, firing if the person holding the gun is hurt (This I think already exists in some other form in the game)
  • Items that have a delay when applied to or given to someone. That includes handcuffs, food, drink, contracts, removing  or adding items to and from someone, etc. All of that will have it's time shorted or removed when holding onto the person with your other hand
Give traitors a CQC item to become Big Boss
If possible, could someone move this over to ideas and suggestions?
Yes.
I am almost certain the Saturnalian Slammer would cause some horrifying cross-interactions with object/container/organ code.

Please note that this is not a criticism.
(05-22-2018, 01:11 AM)drWoof Wrote: Give traitors a CQC item to become Big Boss
https://i.imgur.com/ZebeHzX.gifv
Some new ideas about targeted grabs

Grabbing the head: Allows you to cover someone's mouth, preventing them from talking

Grabbing an arm: Makes that arm unable to grab and interact with things

Grabbing a leg: Reduces movement speed by 50%
I really like this idea.

I think having the pressing a knife/sharp object to someone's throat is a great idea and something that has been missing. Especially since the pressing a gun to someone's head was added.

I think the arm-handcuff thing should require two arms (one for each arm) to make it simulate handcuffs. A single arm grab will disarm the item in that targeted arm, and a two arm grabs on each arm will make it be like you're grabbing them with cuffs.

Similarly I really like the idea of the grabs on legs, with special moves and throws attached to it. Love all throws when it's more than just a guaranteed 5 sec stun. My only problem with this it seems like it would either be too hard or mostly fluff if you had to get an advanced grab on a person to use one of those. I think targeting a leg and grabbing should have a chance to knock down or shove in a direction and have a chance to drop an item like disarm or something like knocking you both to the ground and the person being thrown. (Not really sure on what is best for this actually. I don't want everything to require an aggressive grab because then that just devolves to fast clicking or it's the same as choking where if they're down for a few seconds you get a guaranteed stun/kill on em.)