Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chiron should probably be pulled from rotation for the time being
It's in kind of a poor state right now. Not stable enough for 1, and not big enough for 2 - the effort that would go into fixing it isn't worth the trouble for a map that can't accomodate any significant amount of players, and I'm seeing it being used as a throw pick to intentionally screw with people. (sorry guys)
I don't think youre wrong about it needing work, but more people playing it means more people finding what needs fixing
(05-21-2018, 07:15 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I don't think youre wrong about it needing work, but more people playing it means more people finding what needs fixing

The biggest problem is that there's simply not enough map there to fix (which I hope to "fix" with a different better map), and another is that one of the problems (shuttle code) is thoroughly recognized already, round-breaking, and still unsolved because atmos is Special. In other terms - Chiron's issues have already been found.
Can I also advocate removing mushroom and donut 2 from the rotation for similar reasons?
(05-21-2018, 07:39 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Can I also advocate removing mushroom and donut 2 from the rotation for similar reasons?

Don't see why not. From what I gather people say they need lots of work to be fun in modern goonstation.
I'll let this simmer with more comments for a day.

Currently, Mushroom, Donut 2, and Chiron are posed to be removed from player-selectable choices.
Agreed five stars
other than the shuttle issue on chiron i'm fine with all 3 of them. to be fair i havent played on a big high pop round in a while on any of these maps, cause thats why map voting exists. chiron is good for lowpop rounds on 2
I just got back from a 2 year absence and haven't really played on Mushroom, or donut2 yet from the time I came back and I'm still not sure if I played on Chiron or Clarion yet but honestly if the maps have a bunch of stuff that need to be fixed I'm in agreement that they should be removed from rotation till that stuff is fixed.
I would definitely vote for the removal of Mushroom and Donut 2 until a thorough rework has been done on them. Haven't played on Chiron enough to comment.
What exactly is broken on Mushroom? I vote Mushroom on the reg because I love the map and think it is still very fun.
(05-22-2018, 05:53 AM)BlackPhoenix Wrote: What exactly is broken on Mushroom?

Off the top of my head: No still in Hydroponics, no mining department whatsoever, no stock exchange. And that's just from what I experienced in one round as a botanist. Chiron is broken mechanically; Mushroom is broken because it's outright missing things.
Lack of a still in Hydro isn't broken, it's just a thing that'd be nice to have added, mining is in the mining outpost, lack of stock exchange is a thing but...I don't really see people use the stock exchange anymore in most rounds so I don't think it's broken to be missing either? It'd be nice to add but I don't think it needs pulling.

I'd be defending Donut 2 as well but I don't know shit about Donut 2.
(05-22-2018, 06:49 AM)BlackPhoenix Wrote: mining is in the mining outpost

Is the mining outpost actually stocked on mushroom or is it as bereft of supplies as it is on every other map?
I don't believe donut 2 or mushroom should be pulled. I think they are fun maps that work well with the modern additions currently in. Sure they need a few more tweaks but that certaintly doesn't warrant them being removed from rotation.