Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Feature] [On hold] Neurotoxin is now a little less magicky
Diff: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...6-byond510
Patch: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...d510.patch

This replaces neurotoxin with something closer to real life. Mainly because having a blanket knockout chem called "neurotoxin" Pisses me off.

TODO: Change the recipe?
I personally liked having it be vaguely defined since it let me make up my own changeling lore.

With this, I'd have to assume they're somehow capable of producing their own barbituates.
Yeah, I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with Noah here. This change doesn't really add anything new that's needed and it sort of takes something away from the mysteriousness/alien-ness of changelings.

I understand the want to have more realism, but I think this goes in the opposite way you intended. The new name is actually less descriptive than the current name, other sedatives already existing in the code like morphine. Neurotoxin is rather deadly, changing the name to sedative makes it sound harmless which it definitely isn't.
Hrm, i do see your point noah and kyle, sorry, i have a few ideas to keep the alienness of lings while still making it a bit less magicky and i'll try coding those later today, i didn't think this one through that well.

EDIT: Alright, looking for feedback on this idea before i code it, neurotoxin is renamed neurotoxins and is only used for stuff like lings and meth vapors, because it makes sense for that, however this chem is put in as a replacement for everything else and the recipe is changed to something like phenol+ammonia+acetone and the side effects are changed to a 50% chance of +1 oxygen damage and +1 losebreath. So we have neurotoxins for lings and this for most everything else.
That might be better. I'm not all that into the chemistry stuff so I don't have too much of an opinion of recipies and such, but I'm a bit confused on what you want to make.
If you want this new chem to be a sedative or a more sciency neurotoxin. If it is still supposed to be a neurotoxin, then it should definitely add brain damage though.
(06-24-2018, 11:02 AM)kyle2143 Wrote: That might be better. I'm not all that into the chemistry stuff so I don't have too much of an opinion of recipies and such, but I'm a bit confused on what you want to make.
If you want this new chem to be a sedative or a more sciency neurotoxin. If it is still supposed to be a neurotoxin, then it should definitely add brain damage though.

The new chem i'm working on is supposed to be a quick acting sedative that can cause breathing problems, i'm keeping neurotoxin as a brain damage causer tho.
(06-24-2018, 11:11 AM)fosstar Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 11:02 AM)kyle2143 Wrote: That might be better. I'm not all that into the chemistry stuff so I don't have too much of an opinion of recipies and such, but I'm a bit confused on what you want to make.

The new chem i'm working on is supposed to be a quick acting sedative that can cause breathing problems

Don't we already have several things like that?
(06-24-2018, 11:13 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 11:11 AM)fosstar Wrote:

The new chem i'm working on is supposed to be a quick acting sedative that can cause breathing problems

Don't we already have several things like that?

Hrm, you do make a good point, this patch was made when i was highly tired and i don't feel it was thought through well, i'm gonna revisit it in a few days and try to get it to a good point, sorry.