Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cyber Lungs
As simple as the topic. We got eye, heart, legs, arms, and butts implants, Why not lungs? It can have whatever benefits you guys decide but as long as it just lets you scream longer I'm happy.
Simple yeah?

[Image: 2CZnjv8.png]
My two cents...

Roboticist additional enhancement

Removal of lungs:
. If Both: +1 LOSEBREATH +1 OXY until death or new lungs added
. If One: 30% chance +1 LOSEBREATH +1 OXY until death or new lung is added.
Robot Lungs: Robot lungs, when you scream you sound like a cyborg
Oxy Lungs (or chem lungs): Acts as an internal...internals..mask.  You still need a tank, but it somehow connects to your lungs and now you don't need to wear a mask.
Chem Lungs (or oxy lungs): Acts as a breath mask like Oxy Lungs, but instead of only oxygen tanks, you can breathe anything the lung is pre-programmed to be able to breathe! Because we're spacefarters it doesnt' need to make sense. Note: Programming needs to occur before lung is inserted, default is oxygen.
Water cooled Lungs: Although not actually needing water, water cooled lungs give you some burn resistances, so now breathing hot anything won't be a problem, though your skin melting off is still an issue
Space Lungs: You need internals to be able to breathe normal air now, but you can breathe in space.
Expansive lungs: Wanna scream for a long time? Want to scream louder? These suckers are banned nearly everywhere.

Emag a lung before you put it in to make it work better, but you periodically forget how to breathe.

Lungs work like eyes - Scalpel, saw, scalpel on the torso using the last intent for torso surgery: disarm.  Need to do it with the same hand in order to get the corresponding lung out.
I like the idea of robot lungs acting like an internal air tank that would work without a mask

Freeing up a pocket/belt/back and/or face slot is well worth the risky elective surgery
I like the ideas. They are good ideas. I'm cool with that as long as it lets me scream louder and or longer.
Lets go full Dune and allow us to preprogram the lungs to breathe only plasma, meaning you need to bring a plasmafilled oxygen tank with you everywhere you go
Emagged cyberlungs should let you scream so loud the whole station hears it. Note:this may cause the crew to space you to stop the noise.
We could literally cough up a lung this rules
(05-18-2018, 05:03 AM)Eibel Wrote: Roboticist additional enhancement

I like a lot of these ideas. They'd all probably need sprites made up, I can't recall if cyber lungs already exist or not. If they do, then they are just a cosmetic change and are unused.

I liked the idea of losing a lung gives you oxy damage, I think it should be slight, since you can technically live with 1 lung. It should have an extreme stamina and stamina regen debuff. Maybe manual beathing should help prevent losebreath or oxy damage.

I feel like each stock cyber lung should give you stamina buffs like the cyber heart does. I'm not a huge fan of it serving as internals, makes it impossible to choke out.

Space lungs sounds fun, but it should make you unable to speak at all. Make it a merchant item. It also reminds me, I was thinking of making a patch to allow you to tap or blink out Morse Code to communicate when you don't have air. Might be useable for this.
(05-18-2018, 03:41 PM)kyle2143 Wrote:
(05-18-2018, 05:03 AM)Eibel Wrote: Roboticist additional enhancement

I feel like each stock cyber lung should give you stamina buffs like the cyber heart does. I'm not a huge fan of it serving as internals, makes it impossible to choke out.

Technically speaking, you can still choke them down.  You just can't kill them like that alone.

It's pretty much the only reliable way to keep a changeling down long enough to get it to a crusher.
i like the programmable lungs. i want to program my lungs to only breathe knockout gas and walk around with a tank of the stuff, then flood the station with it
What if we could make makeshift hoborobo lungs out of two O2 tanks like strapped together? Hobo surgery is always a good thing right?
(05-18-2018, 08:49 PM)Technature Wrote: It's pretty much the only reliable way to keep a changeling down long enough to get it to a crusher.

Weld them into a locker.
You can live with one lung IRL - it should halve your stamina.
(05-22-2018, 08:23 PM)sartorius Wrote: You can live with one lung IRL - it should halve your stamina.
I always expect this to happen when I eat one of my lungs
MORE SCREAM. I'm thinking maybe I should sprite cyberlungs. That might help.