Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is the AI a ghost?
I had a thought regarding cyborgs and the AI. Both use the brains of a once human player to function (With the exception of the AI neural network brain. More on that later)

Now, the thing about the brain is, you're not removing a living brain to transplant it. You're removing a dead organ, placing it into a machine, and seemingly reanimating it.

Now it's simple to think it's just science at work, but what if there's something more. What if these machines are powered by the souls of the damned?

Think about it. When a player is a ghost, and then borged, their ghost is forced back into the physical world. If they die again, the soul is released in this new location.

Which leads to the conclusion, cyborgs aren't just using a human brain as a hard drive or processor. They're capturing human Souls and forcing them into an eternity of servitude.

Even in death, a staff assistant is still company property. Mortality is time theft
[Image: GBXRWiS.png]
(05-17-2018, 11:31 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: [Image: GBXRWiS.png]

theres a homestuck excerpt for every situation, isn't there
You could say that of the living too. Also, they arent exactly trapped in there, they can easily pop out whenever they want, or just stop controlling their body if they feel like it.
I might have been high when I wrote this
All this tells me is you need to be high more.
(05-18-2018, 05:59 AM)Superlagg Wrote: You could say that of the living too. Also, they arent exactly trapped in there, they can easily pop out whenever they want, or just stop controlling their body if they feel like it.

Well generally they can't just "pop out" of their body. That would be dying. Law 3.

robots, not people. they can pop out all they like
AI can pop out to go into a shell, which I see as them transferring their ghost from one body to another.

The thing about the neural network I was going to say was: It's probably an artificial brain, but the personality it contains belongs to a formerly human being. NT just found a way to take a soul, digitize it, and then mass produce them. Station AI are tested and proven personalities that can run a station.

Cloning is a simliar concept, they just build a new body to host the free floating soul using organic materials. It's why cloning doesn't work for NPCs or braindead players. They either lack a soul or it's "passed on" when the player leaves the game.

The thing about the clones though, they're not exact replicas. The genetic code has been subtly manipulated, spliced with the DNA of bees. Why bees? Because of their industrious nature and their hive allegiance to an authority figure in the form of the Queen Bee. In this case, NT wants loyal hardworking employees treating NT as their Queen Bee

The station's goal isn't plasma research. It's them working the kinks out of two emerging technologies: Digitization of the human soul, and gene manipulation. They want the key to immortality, and loyal slaves, forever

(05-18-2018, 10:37 AM)Technature Wrote: All this tells me is you need to be high more.

I've also been playing... A lot of Metal Gear lately
(05-19-2018, 07:52 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I've also been playing... A lot of Metal Gear lately

A Hind D!?!
(05-19-2018, 07:52 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: AI can pop out to go into a shell, which I see as them transferring their ghost from one body to another.

The thing about the neural network I was going to say was: It's probably an artificial brain, but the personality it contains belongs to a formerly human being. NT just found a way to take a soul, digitize it, and then mass produce them. Station AI are tested and proven personalities that can run a station.

Cloning is a simliar concept, they just build a new body to host the free floating soul using organic materials. It's why cloning doesn't work for NPCs or braindead players. They either lack a soul or it's "passed on" when the player leaves the game.

The thing about the clones though, they're not exact replicas. The genetic code has been subtly manipulated, spliced with the DNA of bees. Why bees? Because of their industrious nature and their hive allegiance to a authority figure it the Queen Bee. In this case, NT wants loyal hardworking employees

The station's goal isn't plasma research. It's them working the kinks out of two emerging technologies: Digitization of the human soul, and gene manipulation. They want the key to immortality, and loyal slaves, forever

I'm 90% sure I'm reading legitimate lore.
(05-19-2018, 08:15 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(05-19-2018, 07:52 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I've also been playing... A lot of Metal Gear lately

A Hind D!?!

Seriously, I gained a whole new level of appreciation for Sons of Liberty when replaying it with this in mind. 
smile
Another theory about the station being used as a testing ground:

The syndicate is supposedly composed of smaller, rival companies and former disgruntled employees. While that may be true, I think it goes deeper. By manipulating those groups into attacking their own stations, NT performs stress tests on how successful their efforts and systems are. Each time a station is attacked, the data is being recorded and saved to be analysed for future operations.

This is what Goonhub is.

Not only is NT searching for weaknesses in their own systems, but also the best ways to get a crew to respond according to their programming
Let's also not forget about Ghost Drones. The participants are definitely willing, but given that the sorts of things that go on in ghost drone factories (ghosts are captured via a ghost trap, then inserted into a frame),  I think it's pretty clear that ghosts are being put back into the physical world as loyal machines. Mind you, these loyal machines have limited corporeality; they can still communicate with the dead, and re-enter the ghost world when they die and run out of charge, unlike cyborgs, who merely cannot talk or show emotions when their battery has ran low/empty.

Combined with their less versatile, less modular, and more limited toolset, and their static laws, it's possible that ghost drone technology is yet another facet of NT's attempts to create soul digitization technology, as limited but still useful predecessor of the that used in AIs and Cyborgs.
The Space Wizard Federation isn't attacking Nanotrasen stations because they're technophobes, they have refrigerators and microwaves in their shuttles. The Wizard Federation sees how Nanotrasen is using the souls of the damned to control their machines and run their stations, and seeks to free the souls trapped within. Wraiths are similar; they see souls that are being trapped by Nanotrasen, and seek to free the souls from their servitude so they can join them in the afterlife, before absorbing life force from the body to prevent them from being forced back into the realm of the living. The syndicate has already been discussed, and I am pretty sure that blobs, changelings, and vampires only attack the station because they're hungry.