Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twitch streaming and shit.
I finally figured out how to get this shit working and I have a computer that isn't garbage.  I was thinking of testing a stream on Sunday with some Phantom Brave and maybe doing SS13 at random from time to time.

Is there anything in particular that would be good to know going into this?
I believe it's been said that whenever people stream the game it leads to A: Problems with metagaming and B: Lots of griefing.
I think one of the elegant solutions ive seen is to do it not live, but to record and post after the fact.
I think streaming is real cool, hOWEVER :  
only stream live on Ass Day, on any other day the risk of metagaming is too great unless you were to stream with a very long delay.
I actually thought of this the second I went to bed and I didn't feel like getting up to edit the post.

I'm annoyed that I didn't think of it sooner but what can ya do.

Apparently the program I'm using doesn't have forced delay but it's going to be added at some point? Don't know when.

Well I'm still gonna aim for the sunday thing.
I feel as if in the past we've said 5 minutes of delay is acceptable.
There's always LPs. Those originated from SA anyways. :downs:
(05-16-2018, 06:15 AM)mbc Wrote: I think streaming is real cool, hOWEVER :  
only stream live on Ass Day, on any other day the risk of metagaming is too great unless you were to stream with a very long delay.

I agree with this 100%. Assday would be the perfect day to stream. No need to worry about griefing or meatgaming. Plus can't complain about stream sniping. Only downside is you might die like 5 minutes into an assday round and then have to stream ghost mode for like 40 minutes.
(05-16-2018, 06:19 PM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 06:15 AM)mbc Wrote: I think streaming is real cool, hOWEVER :  

I agree with this 100%. Assday would be the perfect day to stream. No need to worry about griefing or meatgaming. Plus can't complain about stream sniping. Only downside is you might die like 5 minutes into an assday round and then have to stream ghost mode for like 40 minutes.
You mean ghost drone grief?

And then Critter Grief when you can't ghost drone grief?
Test streaming started.

Phantom Brave as mentioned before.

Name a character I guess

Edit:Streem is ded