Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Project make pathology suck less [New path symptoms, tweaks, nerfs, and rebalances]
This is basically the capstone for the rest of my pathology patches.

What this does:

1. Removes stuns and stun-like effects from all symptoms of uncommon or lower rarity. This means stacking fifteen diseases with coughing and sneezing won't be a game-breaking strategy anymore.
  2. Removes the 10% chance for your splicing session to horribly fuck up for no reason whatsoever besides simply existing.
  3. Removes the 2% chance for your pathogen to just be completely deleted while adjusting its DNA stats. Note that the 4% chance of mutation still exists, but your pathogen won't simply stop existing.
  4. Adds a button to the synth-o-matic that lets you purchase more pathogen samples for 2000 research fund credits. This means you don't have to go all the way out to D.O.C. in the debris field if you happen to be missing some key base symptoms for splicing.
  5. Adds four new symptoms, three of which involve mutations
  6. The fourth makes you sneeze out projectile bee eggs.
  7. In order to facilitate the mutation based symptoms, I modified the RandomEffect proc to enable the application of chromosomes to randomly generated mutations.
Compare:
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...ve-path-bs

Diff: 
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...th-bs.diff

Patch:
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...h-bs.patch
how will pathology be done if research fund gets wasted 5 minutes into the shift by geneticists/the captain/qms needing more money
Good patch
(05-14-2018, 09:20 AM)drWoof Wrote: how will pathology be done if research fund gets wasted 5 minutes into the shift by geneticists/the captain/qms needing more money

Being able to order more pathogen samples supplements rather than replaces the pre-existing stock of samples.

You'll still start with the samples in the fridge, but you'll be able to order more.
(05-14-2018, 09:13 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: [*]Adds a button to the synth-o-matic that lets you purchase more pathogen samples for 2000 research fund credits. This means you don't have to go all the way out to D.O.C. in the debris field if you happen to be missing some key base symptoms for splicing.

As lame an admission as this is, my fucking up while trying to learn Pathology and losing all the samples with out being able to get more samples easily made the learning process much less enjoyable. I think this is a great change. I think what drWoof is concerned about is other departments using the funds quickly, but thats what stealing all access and uploading a law to transfer all or a percentage of the stations budget to research is for
Good patch
The one thing I loathed about path is #1, thank fuck
Amazing patch
seems good
Good Patch
by the way for future notice noah: .patch files are useless so you don't need to add the link
(05-16-2018, 02:19 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: by the way for future notice noah: .patch files are useless so you don't need to add the link

Oh ok, good to know.
EDIT: removed another source for instant RNG pathogen loss, more details in the main post
good

please add
(05-26-2018, 11:09 AM)MrMagolor Wrote: good

please add
^
I hope this doesn't end up like the potential cyborg patch.