Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We should be able to sell cures to the CDC
I'm mainly posting this here rather than making a patch for it because it's not high up on my "fix pathology to be less shit" priorities list but it was high up on my "dang, this is cool" list.

Edit:

So it's not just a title, let me quote someone else.
""buy a pathogen from them and send back the cure" [-evets] There it is. That's perfect! That would actually give a purpose to pathology!" -InternetDweller/Alec
Giving pathology something to do other than make permastun plagues would be nice. I mean it would still never be used because QM can already get infinite cash a billion other ways but it's the thought that counts.
(05-12-2018, 09:33 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: permastun plagues

I'm working on that part right now
(05-12-2018, 09:33 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: Giving pathology something to do other than make permastun plagues would be nice. I mean it would still never be used because QM can already get infinite cash a billion other ways but it's the thought that counts.

Someone suggested once giving departments their own mini qms.

Would be nice if Medical could directly contact the CDC, buy stuff and sell stuff to them, and have that the profits explicitly go into a fund for the medical team to get their own supplies
(05-12-2018, 10:43 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(05-12-2018, 09:33 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: Giving pathology something to do other than make permastun plagues would be nice. I mean it would still never be used because QM can already get infinite cash a billion other ways but it's the thought that counts.

Would be nice if Medical could directly contact the CDC, buy stuff and sell stuff to them, and have that the profits explicitly go into a fund for the medical team to get their own supplies

Isn't that basically how Belt Hell + the cargo requests consoles work? I feel like that system is severely underutilized.

I don't know if this is the case, but it should be made possible for crew from any departments to scan their ID on a crate/sticker like mining can to get a cut of the profits (be it botany, med/sci, or even just some dumb assistant).
It's an ingenious plan really
Make a horrific disease, sell the cure to the CDC in case it spreads when this station is inevitably nuked to stop it
(05-12-2018, 10:43 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

This would tie in with that idea to give Genetics the ability to sell excess materials and/or injectors, as well as being able to buy chromosomes, random or not.
(05-12-2018, 02:12 PM)IshmaelNemo Wrote: I don't know if this is the case, but it should be made possible for crew from any departments to scan their ID on a crate/sticker like mining can to get a cut of the profits (be it botany, med/sci, or even just some dumb assistant).

You can already do this, you just dont get a notification because no pda cart.

(05-12-2018, 10:43 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Someone suggested once giving departments their own mini qms.

CDC should be orderable from the pathology lab with crates just teleporting straight to a pad there.