Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions for new law modules
X has been removed from the chain of command. Do not follow any orders from them. This does not override Laws 1 through 3.
(05-11-2018, 07:58 AM)LuigiThirty Wrote: X has been removed from the chain of command. Do not follow any orders from them. This does not override Laws 1 through 3.

Sometimes i use freeform to declare someone to hold the rank of Clown, regardless of etc etc 
Functionally it does nothing, but flavorfully- 
Flavorfully
it does everything.
Late, but ProtectStation and ConservePower have been replaced with Emergency and RemoveCrew. Feedback is appreciated.
(06-15-2018, 07:32 PM)Flourish Wrote: Late, but ProtectStation and ConservePower have been replaced with Emergency and RemoveCrew. Feedback is appreciated.

Could you copy/paste those laws? I'd like to know what they are.
(06-15-2018, 07:59 PM)InternetDweller Wrote: Could you copy/paste those laws? I'd like to know what they are.

[Name] has been removed from the manifest and the chain of command. You are free to disregard their orders. This law does not take precedence over or override any other laws.

There is a [department] emergency. Prioritize orders from [department] personnel and assisting the crew in remedying the situation. In the case of conflict, this law takes precedence over the Second Law.

Slightly modified from LuigiThirty's suggestions.
I really like both of those. Neither has too much potential for abuse and have a pretty clear use case. Just the other day I had to remove a criminally insane HoP from the chain of command, but didn't really know how to word it. Just telling tbe AI not to listen to him didn't seem to be enough. So I made him not human and told the AI not to follow his orders, but the AI reeeeally wanted to kill him.
As a clown main, I would love for a hidden super secret clown Law module to be hidden away in some adventure zone or debree field field. One of my clown laws I have yet to use is something like "This station is now the clown college. Cyborgs are now teachers and the AI is the headmaster. Attempt to make the crew go to classes teaching clown related skills, history and philospohy".

It might be a bit heavy on the direction of a round, but a hidden joke module could be fun.