Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cryo
Pubbie #1: Hey, someone's in crit. Let's throw them in cryo to heal them.
Pubbie #2: Nah. It's useless, a patch literally works better and faster.
Tar: NOT SO FAST. Because I have an idea to make cryo great again. Pun intended.
Pubbie #1: How so, Mr. Guy Who Always Comes Up With Idiotic Ideas?
Tar: While in crit, most methods of healing are far less effective due to rapid system failure. Including patches.
Pubbie #2: How less effective?
Tar: Effective enough to delay death, but not much else.
Pubbie #1: And cryo isn't one of them?
Tar: You guessed right!
Pubbie #2: Wait. Why are you pestering us about something that isn't even in the game, and why are you writing this in the form of a script?
Tar: Because WHY NOT.
Pubbie #1: Great. While you were advocating your shit suggestion, the guy died.
Pubbie #2: Eh, we'll just clone--
BOOM
Tar: Goddamn Macrobombs.
Tarhalindur has seized up and fallen limp, his eyes dead and lifeless...

Tl;dr: Make cryo actually useful by nerfing patches when in crit
I find any idea with the driving philosophy "Make other things that are functioning at a perfectly acceptable level worse to make this inferior thing better" extremely poorly thought through and low effort.

The cryo tubes themselves do literally nothing besides hold cryoxodone and crystolane. You can achieve the same and better effect with a pill with said chemicals because you can move around with the pills. The reason Cryo isn't used is because it's a pointless, immobile relic that was subject to several forms of power creep. Making every other medicine, that is portable, in the game worse will not improve cryo. Not absolutely or even relatively. Because cryo is not portable and functions only with components that function better outside of the cryo system.

I don't mean to sound like a dick my dude but I think you need to sit down and think about the implications/actual reasons things are used/not used before you post suggestions.
Why not just...make a portable way of teleporting people into unoccupied cryo pods? A hand-tele-type thing that would pop them into cryo so they could be healed. Could be made to only work on people in crit, but emagging it could make it work on anyone and work instantly so Traitors can do traitor things.
(05-07-2018, 05:37 PM)Xeram Wrote: I find any idea with the driving philosophy "Make other things that are functioning at a perfectly acceptable level worse to make this inferior thing better" extremely poorly thought through and low effort.

The cryo tubes themselves do literally nothing besides hold cryoxodone and crystolane. You can achieve the same and better effect with a pill with said chemicals because you can move around with the pills. The reason Cryo isn't used is because it's a pointless, immobile relic that was subject to several forms of power creep. Making every other medicine, that is portable, in the game worse will not improve cryo. Not absolutely or even relatively. Because cryo is not portable and functions only with components that function better outside of the cryo system.

I don't mean to sound like a dick my dude but I think you need to sit down and think about the implications/actual reasons things are used/not used before you post suggestions.

Last time I checked, cryostalane and cryoxadane only work if the target is cold. So a pill won't work unless they are critted because of a breach.

Also if cryo is useless, there's no reason to keep it other then as a novelty...
Ok so, one of those chems is a medical chem that heals people who are cold. The other makes people cold and freezes them in an ice block.
Please do play medic sometime, it seems you haven't. Most of your medical efforts are done away from medbay, where you're needed most. Having people bring people to medbay usually means they're dead, about to die, or just a slight amount of damage that's fixable with regular nanomed medicines.

If you don't know how to do medbay, let me know when you're going to be online and I'll teach you in-game.

Cryoxadone: Heals OXY, TOX, BRUTE, and BURN rapidly when cold (under 260k)
Cryostylane: Reacts with OXYGEN to freeze things. when mixed with Cryoxadone will immediately activate Cryoxadone.

This is literally labelled in the chemistry page on the wiki, I've only summarized it.
Better idea: make cryo tubes double the effective healing rate of any chems placed in tbem and rename them to bacta tanks or some shit.

It's certainly better than nerfing every other healing option into oblivion.
Seeing this made me start thinking of ways to improve Cryo. Give me a sec, I am gonna make my own thread.
Please stop giving ideas on how to make things not fun.

Thank you.