Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Crutches to help you walk faster if you've lost a leg
I'm not really sure why I made this. It doesn't have much of a use case, but I felt like they should exist. Maybe you're too far from medical to get a new leg and you don't want to make the 5 minute trip, or maybe you just want to try living life as a double leg amputee. 

If you lose a left leg, hold a crutch in your left hand and you will be able to walk faster. If you have a crutch in each hand, then you will walk almost as fast as normal. Right now, they are available from the medical manufacturer, but I wanted them placed at some other places on the station since if you're in medical and can get a crutch, you could just as easily get a new leg. Attached is the sprite I used for the crutch. I mostly stole it from the internet and traced it in dream maker, but it looks like shit. Fortunately, that has no bearing on functionality. 

[Image: 8zSszVi.png]

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation-2016/pull/58
perfect

also shouldn't you be marked as mentor on the forums or something? i saw you with a purple name in game so idk
You better be able to whack people over the head with them, changing the sprite to a bent crutch.
I *could* do that, but you'd have to draw the sprite for me. Also I'm not sure how popular that would be, most items don't break when used as improvised weapons.