Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organize the ID computer
The ID computer is a mess.
Please organize it by job and/or area to make things easier for everyone.
yes
Iv wanted this since Donut station.
Also, please, please, PLEASE allow an HoS just clicking the Captain job setting to retain him normal HoS access as well. I'm sick and tired of an HoP just clicking it and erasing all my access or having to click each and every bit. It's not needed, but it would make my job so much easier.
Hard Boiled Wrote:Also, please, please, PLEASE allow an HoS just clicking the Captain job setting to retain him normal HoS access as well. I'm sick and tired of an HoP just clicking it and erasing all my access or having to click each and every bit. It's not needed, but it would make my job so much easier.

Why does the hos have id-computer access anyway, it's not their job.
And if you beeline for the id desk to make yourself an all access, you're terrible. The only area you can't enter is engineering. AIs are all too eager to help security anyway.
they have ID computer so they can demote shitlers as a punishment, though I never see it happen
Clarks, this is not a thread about how to play as sec. Just stop. I'm merely pointing out that the mess from the ID computer makes it hard to do certain things. If you do not like how someone else plays, there is no need to grump it up and pick on them. Should I remind you that it's not the HoP's job to get all access either?

But yes, it is a pain when you cannot simply add jobs to one ID. Instead, you are forced to manually input the correct access and it's worse when you leave and someone did not get the correct locker access or you missed a room because of it. Maybe we could instead implement some sort of "add" thing, so you can choose "Chef + Bartender + Scientist" and just name your position.
mozi Wrote:they have ID computer so they can demote shitlers as a punishment, though I never see it happen
I do this all the time as HoS. Also sometimes when I'm HoS I'll run the ID computer every now and then when the HoP disappears.

But yeah, this would definitely be a very nice addition.
Would it be too powerful to have remote privilege adjustment? Like, if I'm the HoP, let me hop on the ID computer and pull up a crew manifest to grant them access without needing their ID card? That's one thing I've thought would be really useful.
Actually, thinking about it, why don't we let the AI manage the ID computer? If someone's subverted the AI, they already have the ability to get whoever they want in or out of wherever they want. Instead of locking all the doors, evil AI's can just go into the system and demote the captain to a greyshirt.
I would really rather have something in which you could do it yourself, if you had the access/tools, rather than depending on something that could be unreliable. I like the option of remote access. This could play really well with how most people do things, and letting the AI get to use the machine without a card of it's own, but only a targets could be nice, but not just making it the ONLY one to do it.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Actually, thinking about it, why don't we let the AI manage the ID computer? If someone's subverted the AI, they already have the ability to get whoever they want in or out of wherever they want. Instead of locking all the doors, evil AI's can just go into the system and demote the captain to a greyshirt.

People will be constantly screaming for the AI to adjust their ID access, particularly when the HoP inevitably disappears. I think there are certain situations where this would be okay, and others in which it would be a terrible awful thing.
I think there's still things on there that don't exist anymore like "Research Security"
Back to the main topic:

Sort the jobs by area, or even alphabetically.

Is geneticist even on it? Last time someone asked for that I just chucked an RD ID at them. (I'm blind and don't like the apeshit random order the jobs get.)

EDIT BY A WISER CONOR12: IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE YOU BETTER DO IT YOURSELF
Oh my God, yes. Half the access options aren't even what they say there are! Research access requires toxins storage access to let you in, I'm pretty sure.