Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh FUCK Tech's trying to run a complicated Forum game again aaaaaaahhhhhhhh
Brick 
I'm interested in trying a conquest type game.  Each player runs a nation that starts in a single territory.  Each territory grants the player resources to get soldiers and research weapons.  Get a military with strong officers, work with or against various players, be the last one standing.

It's mostly a numbers game.  Think a simpler ROTK game.

Before I start trying this, I'm curious in a couple things people would prefer.

1. Location: What should the map be based on?  A continent?  Country?  A map randomly made off of Civ? (This would mainly be used to determine adjacent territories. Climate and geography, outside of mountains cutting off adjacent territories, would not affect the game.)

2. Leader Death: Can a leader die?  If so, the death of a leader in combat would be less likely than an officer.  Should it happen, the player can choose who continues in the original leader's stead.  Loyalty is a big determination if people leave or not in response to this event.

3. Randomization: Will luck have a determination in battles?  Even with it on, it will be a minor effect. (This only affects battles. Luck involved in non-combat situations (such as loyalty based events) is not involved in this vote).

4. Victory Condition: The win conditions I have in mind are:
1.Total conquest.  First one to conquer everything wins.  Players may choose to surrender if they feel they can't win.
2.Capital Victory.  First one to conquer the starting point of every player wins.  Players may choose to surrender if they feel they can't win.
3.50% Victory.  If at any time any single player has 50% of the territories and outnumber all other factions combined by 200% or more, they're treated as invincible and win.  Players may not choose to surrender unless specifically requested by another player with some exceptions.

5. Levels: Individual Officers may or may not level up over time, via combat or training.  If Officers have levels, their stats are more likely to start lower upon recruitment.

6. Other?: There's something important I missed.  I know it.  If you can think of it, let me know.
1. the map should be the country of quebec.
2. the leaders must die. this is quebec.
3. everything in quebec is sheer luck
4. there is no victory in quebec
5. it's too soon to play Levels
6. i'm in.