Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about the who function
Why are some names in red with a different name next to the normal name in parenthesis? Sometimes this is the same name just not capitalized, or a name that is super different.

Sometimes I assume it's an undercover admin but idk
They are called 'Goons' They think them selves better then the non goons(Pubbies) because they spent one dolla on the Something awful forums.

All true by the way, not playing. You don't get anything out of it. 'Goonsay' doesn't even work and hasn't for a while I think.
We haven't really had a goons vs pubs thing for quite some time? Most anyone who brings it up these days gets ridiculed into silence.
Wonkmin Wrote:It's a dumb feature that should probably go away so that we can forever be rid of the "goons vs pubbies" idiocy
I dunno, I find it useful just to check if it's worth asking questions/trying to discuss something in goonsay (which totally doesn't work though)
Wait, what? Goonsay totally works. I was talking on it a couple days ago with other people.
oh ok, makes sense.

goons are nerds anyway
it's a handy feature for learning who to mock in ooc
For some reason I thought it was an indication of who had been previously banned.
Anticheese Wrote:For some reason I thought it was an indication of who had been previously banned.
if that was true everybody would be highlighted in red v
There's even a game medal that practically encourages getting in trouble once.

(I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say that out loud, because I thought medals were mostly ignored or intentionally kept quiet)

I find it kind of funny that almost every major forum eventually has a space station 13 server officially or unofficially affiliated with them.
I think the name in parenthesis is there for if someone authorizes a byond account with a different name from their SA forum account, but I'm not totally certain about that.
the name in parenthesis is the SA username that authed the key

Wonkmin Wrote:It's a dumb feature that should probably go away so that we can forever be rid of the "goons vs pubbies" idiocy

don't you dare take away my goons vs pubbies

anyone who takes anything vs anything serious is a dolt