Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
3D Glasses
Like how do we not have these already? You wear them, you look stupid, and the world gets a red/blue overlay.
Just apply offset red and blue outlines to every object or mob. This can only go well.
thats sounds both horrific and incredibly complicated

just tinting half and half the screen, like how taking out one eye works, seems like it'd be much more painless
(05-02-2018, 07:55 AM)Mordent Wrote: Just apply offset red and blue outlines to every object or mob. This can only go well.

You could probably offset all tiles as a background layer, all mobs as a mid layer, and all objects as a foreground layer

Then if someone was crazy enough they could make little tweaks to distinguish objects like tables or computers to be a bit closer or further back
This can only go well.

(That's Mordent-speak for: this is a lot of work for what is essentially zero gain. If the community wants to make it sure, but don't expect coders to do it.)
Getting floorcluwned while wearing these should cause the floorcluwne to crawl out of your screen and kill you irl
I like the crappy, defective red blue eyepatch overlay idea
Red-blue overlays would maybe be okay? I don't know. Someone try it.
(05-02-2018, 09:09 AM)cyberTripping Wrote: thats sounds both horrific and incredibly complicated

just tinting half and half the screen, like how taking out one eye works, seems like it'd be much more painless

Yeah that's what I meant.
I dunno, on the one hand I think a red/blue overlay might be funny, but when dealing with 2d spessman, why would they have 3D glasses? Kinda flies in the face of the lore IMO.
We do dumber* shit on a daily basis.

* Also read as 'weirder'
(05-02-2018, 01:04 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: I dunno, on the one hand I think a red/blue overlay might be funny, but when dealing with 2d spessman, why would they have 3D glasses? Kinda flies in the face of the lore IMO.

For finding secrets
If the whole red/blue layer thing (The complex one) were added, wearing 3D glasses irl whilst playing would allow you to see the game in 3D (If done in the right way)
For real though, as largely impractical and unnecessary something like that would be, the idea of picking up ingame 3D glasses and putting them on to have your game display turn into anaglyph 3D is pretty fun idea
Call them 2D glasses and have them make the screen flash red and blue as quickly as possible.