Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature]Atmospherics Analyzer Distance Upgrade
Partially in response to a comment in this thread by Faceplant, I decided to make an upgraded Atmospherics Analyzer that can scan from a distance.

The upgrade functions essentially the same way as the Health Analyzer cartridge upgrade system. The only difference is that I didn't include the option to disable the upgrade function as the Health Analyzer does, I always thought this was pointless, plus for the atmos analyzer it would get in the way of clicking it in hand to take a reading of the tile you're standing on. I basically just stole that code for the cartridge interacting with the health analyzer for the atmos upgrade and moved it into a method to be used for both. Also, it will only analyze Turf from a distance, not the contents of objects like gas canisters.

Attached are the images for the upgraded analyzer and cartridge included in the pull request that I made. I'm no artist and just did them real quick, so I'm not particularly attached to them if someone wants to try making them better looking.

[Image: CNI28dy.png]
[Image: dHwsD5j.png]

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...r?expand=1
Really good patch! Always thought it was weird that you had to subject yourself to dodgy atmos to see what it was. Seemed redundant
I would rather the new proc you defined be on a subclass of devices rather than on all devices. I could do the map replacing fine, so something like /obj/item/device/analyzer/atmospheric and /obj/item/device/analyzer/healthanalyzer
Yeah I like that, move the proc and analyzer/cartridge objects into a new class. I was trying to make my changes to existing code as minimal as possible so I didn't do any renaming or whatever which would've been my preference. I can make that change pretty easily later tonight maybe.

EDIT: added that name change to scanner.dm. Breaks a lot of stuff with just that changed and not refactoring the code base for that. Not sure if that was what you wanted of me or not, it sounded like you wanted to refactor the rest.