Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Round Type: Gauntlet
Goofy idea but something I thought people might like:

Gauntlet is just a round type where a new antag enters the round roughly every 5-10 minutes. They're chosen completely randomly from living players. If selected, you'll explode into gibs and silently respawn onto the station. All antags are possible, including Nuke Ops who win if the nuke explodes but don't lose if they die. Same with Blob and Wizard, win conditions apply, lose conditions don't
I like the idea but there are quite a number of us with persistent characters, it'd be a little obvious is we suddenly disappeared (especially higher profiled persistent characters like Drago for example, where their absence is noticed)

Maybe take from the dead for nuke/blob, living for ling/vampire/traitor? That way folks don't just suicide to try to become the next gauntlet'd antag. Would wizard be living or dead though...
We had something similar to this once.

It was awful.
(05-01-2018, 12:21 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: We had something similar to this once.

It was awful.

What ended up happening?
Sounds good
wouldn't mind it. maybe give the player a bit of a warning so they can go disappear instead of exploding in medbay and everyone being somewhat suspicious

edit: also it doesnt really matter if people know WHO the antag is cause the round is not secret at all, just means they'd know exactly when one gets selected
Hi guys I wasnt here at the start of shift and there was no announcement for my arrival. Let me stand directly next to you alone please

This would work way better if people didn't know it was happening right away somehow. I want a super danger mode, maybe it could have more disasters too!

Alternate idea: monster bash. Everyone is a werewolf, vampire, wizard or changeling. The only objectives are to throw a killer party. Monster hunters (nuke ops) are here to crash the party so watch out!
This reads more like an admin gimmick to me, not a round type.
Actually, I suppose restructuring wasn't that similar to this.