Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Extra limbs and such
We already have the capability of mechanically having more than two hand slots etc so let's let Robotocists add extra parts!

Now it would be severely imbalancing to just have this work perfectly.  If you add more parts than is human you start to get increasing random failure chance for EVERY action...unless you add another head.  This doesn't mean you get to control the extra limbs though....THEY do!    Sprite wise just add the limb or whatever wherever on the body the robotocist clicks.  So you can have goofy ear arms or the more traditional under other arms or at the hips etc.  Robotocist has been kinda stale even with new cyberparts, and adding some Mad Science that has repeat patients ("my arm punched me and tore itself off after I tried to eat discount dans with it").

For real though adding extra parts shouldn't be a walk in the park for doctor or patient, what are some good ways to balance this?
I can imagine a couple of limitations

1. Preset tools for arms: The extra arm has limited capabilities, but a wide array of useful tools on hand. Very similar to how we handle borgs arms

2. The extra limb has limited capabilities: An extra arm could be useful for holding an item, but not actively using it. Anything used in an extra robot limb would have a slight delay. This makes the arm still useful certain tasks where time isn't a concern, but has a clear disadvantage in gun fights

3. Decreased stability: Extra limbs could make you a bit clumsy at first. With extra legs you'd be more likely to trip, with extra arms more likely to drop items on disarm, or fumbling things when drunk
I like the idea.
That could be coupled with a new (hard to get) mutation that would remove or at least reduce those limitations, one that would kind of be the opposite of that clumsiness mutation we have. I'm still wishing for more interaction between jobs.
Extra idea: either as a secure crate reward or tucked away in the adventure zones, a version of the adeptus mechanicus robe with a functional arm.
^^^^^^^^^^^^