Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cross Round Universal Login for ingame computers
Lightbulb 
You know how you can save your PIN across rounds?

How about if you had a login for all the computers?

So, instead of putting in your card and entering login to authenticate signing into a computer, instead you just type in your login that you set ahead of time

So, I could set my login to "ggraves.6279"

And next time I need to open up secmate in a round, I just walk up to the computer and type in "ggraves.6279" and I'm in, no need to mess with cards, though it could still be an option if you've forgotten your login
but how will this work with superuser access?
The login method and name would be universal and crossround. What level of access you have is still on a round per round basis.

I guess there's the issue of getting more or less access added later in the round. There's a couple ways you could address that

1. Their starting job determines their default access. Inserting a card while logged in updates your access level to match the card's
  2. Update their login access levels when their card is edited
  3. Access log levels is given a dedicated system separate from card levels that the HoP has control over
So basically this is just to avoid having to use your card?

I would put a hard "no" on anything that let files persist between rounds.
(04-26-2018, 07:46 AM)Mordent Wrote: So basically this is just to avoid having to use your card?

I would put a hard "no" on anything that let files persist between rounds.

Basically. My thoughts were it feels more streamlined to keep all your interactions with a computer focused on it's own window.

With the card, your focus goes back and forth between three different areas: The game, the PDA window, and the PC window. 

Login has some more security in some aspects, since it's not a physical item that can be lost or stolen, though there's definitely some cons to it
(04-25-2018, 08:25 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
  1. Their starting job determines their default access. Inserting a card while logged in updates your access level to match the card's
  2. Update their login access levels when their card is edited
  3. Access log levels is given a dedicated system sepseparate from card levels that the HoP has control over

With option 3 you could give someone computer access without giving them door access. Not sure how useful that would be. I suppose you could give heads of staff access to bridge computers?

Logins could be generated from the character's first and last name and their PIN.
I like this idea, but only if I can figure out everyone's login info and cross-round metagame myself access to head-level stuff when that person happens to have that access.
(04-26-2018, 07:46 AM)Mordent Wrote: I would put a hard "no" on anything that let files persist between rounds.

I think the better implementation would be like Bank PIN, where you can assign it in your character sheet. 
Let players choose a login and password for network access, with their ID card still counting as a valid password so there's an incentive to protect it yet.
(04-27-2018, 06:47 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 07:46 AM)Mordent Wrote: I would put a hard "no" on anything that let files persist between rounds.

I think the better implementation would be like Bank PIN, where you can assign it in your character sheet. 
Let players choose a login and password for network access, with their ID card still counting as a valid password so there's an incentive to protect it yet.

That's about what I had in mind. If the HoP does change their computer access levels for their login, they wouldn't see what their login was, they'd just be able to change what things they had access to.