Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map Vote Soundbytes!
Hey, switch a map!
Here's mine:

MapVote.Wav
I meant in the Ideas and Suggestions subforum. I'll move it.
Personally, it seems a bit long and I feel like it would be nicer as: "Knock knock! Who's there? MAP VOTE"
Wait. We're allowed to submit Map Vote soundbites?

Holy shit...
Not exactly. The idea was to have an ideas and suggestions thread so players could discuss map vote lines and why they think the current admin only status quo should be changed (if they do think that).
I made one because why not.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cnkpkxnxcffucp...3.wav?dl=0
Yeah, people have been told very clearly a number of times that this is an admin-only thing. What was said to Prichard after some insistence on his part was that he could make a suggestion for it to not be this way, but as of right now, it's a very solid feeling the team shares, so you guys should not really waste your time and effort in something that won't really go anywhere.
wonderin what the reasoning behind that is
It does seem a bit silly to have more than a few map vote soundbytes anyway.
I agree with John in wondering why things are the way they are. From what I was told there is no good reason, yet it still seems to be a very solid feeling that the admins share.
(04-26-2018, 07:23 AM)Darkchis Wrote: Yeah, people have been told very clearly a number of times that this is an admin-only thing. What was said to Prichard after some insistence on his part was that he could make a suggestion for it to not be this way, but as of right now, it's a very solid feeling the team shares, so you guys should not really waste your time and effort in something that won't really go anywhere.

never say die

variety is always a good thing
It's just a fun admin project. That's all. Putting quality control onto it and veto and denying is just more than we want from it tbh.
Honestly, i kind of like it just being the admins. It keeps the numbers low and adds a nice little human touch to it. I say leave it as is.
i get the feeling that if it evolved into voting on player created ones that things might get a little cliquey with friends voting for each other and having silly memes (more than we already have in there anyway)

being admin only is a good thing and helps perpetuate the feeling that they're always watching
I thoroughly implore people to make these even though they'll never be used. Do something like a parody-cover of Closing Time titled 'Voting Time' and see if admins don't use it. Totally not an actual suggestion. Nope.