Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Making doorcrushing not shit
Right now doorcrushing is shit. I would honestly rather we remove it and go back to the good old days when you could close doors on yourself without any consequences but I don't expect that to ever happen so came up with two points to make doorcrushing a less horrible mechanic.

1. By some miracle of byondcode, the safety wire starts out cut by default, but the wire being cut means safety is on, and mending the wire disables safety. I would make this mechanic more intuitive and make the safety wire work like others, being mended by default, and cutting it disabling safety.
  2. FOR SOME UNGODLY REASON DOORS STILL HAVE A CHANCE TO CRUSH YOU WHEN SAFETY IS ON. WHAT THE FUCKING HELL GOD FUCKING DAMMIT REMOVE THIS RNG BULLSHIT RIGHT GODDAMN NOW FUCK ERIK HANSON.
That is all for today folks. Feel free to tell me ways to improve this suggestion.
Less overall brute damage, higher chance for limb removal
just noting, the probability calculation for a door-crush was a little off and would overall increase the chance of the door squishing you when there was many items laying on the tile. This has been fixed.
(04-22-2018, 10:33 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Less overall brute damage, higher chance for limb removal

That is honestly probably even worse because brute can be healed off with an analgesic pill or patch, while missing limbs require surgery to replace (and they STILL have not fixed the bug where drug-based self surgery can't be used to reattach limbs).
But random door closing is one of my favorite features.

It rarely happens where it actually matters and styptic powder patches aren't exactly uncommon.

Also would it be biased if the one time one of these happened when it did matter it was in my favor?

Poor ling never stood a chance.
(04-22-2018, 11:16 PM)Technature Wrote: But random door closing is one of my favorite features.

It rarely happens where it actually matters and styptic powder patches aren't exactly uncommon.

Also would it be biased if the one time one of these happened when it did matter it was in my favor?

WERE YOU THAT ONE BORG THAT KILLED ME AFTER I GOT DOORCRUSHED TWICE IN A ROW WHILE FIGHTING?
(04-22-2018, 11:19 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 11:16 PM)Technature Wrote: But random door closing is one of my favorite features.

WERE YOU THAT ONE BORG THAT KILLED ME AFTER I GOT DOORCRUSHED TWICE IN A ROW WHILE FIGHTING?

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4807992]
As a silicon spam clicking to close a door with someone there seems to work very well. Is this a feature or a bug?
(04-23-2018, 05:10 AM)Recusor Wrote: As a silicon spam clicking to close a door with someone there seems to work very well. Is this a feature or a bug?

Feature. If someone's voluntarily standing in a doorway and there's a silicon nearby, they deserve it, imo.
(04-22-2018, 10:33 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Less overall brute damage, higher chance for limb removal

I'm okay with how door crushing is right now but I have to say this would make it completely unbearable.
(04-24-2018, 10:24 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:

I'm okay with how door crushing is right now but I have to say this would make it completely unbearable.

I was half joking. I'll let you guess which half