Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Make station-bounced radios work during solar flares.
I have literally never seen anyone use the station-bounced radios before. If you are going to put them in emergency toolboxes, at least make them useful for emergencies.
Traditionally they were used to relay the uninhibited screaming of a thousand buttbots into the ear canal of every human in a three parsec radius of the station, but this practice has been lost to the sands of time.
I use them to give Shitty Bill the most prominent voice on the radio.

I've also used them to outshout a traitor once.

Also, this.

Quote:George Patton (Head of Personnel) gave All the people with over a dozen radios a ticket for I'm already dying in this box, stop trying to murder my ears too.

But yes, it would be useful to have a way to communicate with people.
when i learned about the radio functionality of packet stuff via dwaine, the idea got planted in my brain of an antag taking down the local comms (not actually possible) and power draining the station. Would create one hell of an atmosphere having to fumble with shitty radios in the dark as players are picked off one by one...
(04-22-2018, 07:15 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: when i learned about the radio functionality of packet stuff via dwaine, the idea got planted in my brain of an antag taking down the local comms (not actually possible) and power draining the station. Would create one hell of an atmosphere having to fumble with shitty radios in the dark as players are picked off one by one...

You know, I'm sure Comms could be tied to APCs somehow. Like, whatever room they power could also affect sending and receiving communications in that room. Maybe messing with it doesn't take it out all together, but garbles the messages with static

Station bounced radios could not only function during Solar flares, but also work independently from APC comms, but maybe they have an issue with range and are only effective 30 or so tiles away before they get a bit of static as well
(04-22-2018, 08:09 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 07:15 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: when i learned about the radio functionality of packet stuff via dwaine, the idea got planted in my brain of an antag taking down the local comms (not actually possible) and power draining the station. Would create one hell of an atmosphere having to fumble with shitty radios in the dark as players are picked off one by one...

You know, I'm sure Comms could be tied to APCs somehow. Like, whatever room they power could also affect sending and receiving communications in that room. Maybe messing with it doesn't take it out all together, but garbles the messages with static

hmmm, id prefer a hub in each department that handles nearby communications that can be hacked, be ruined by a power out or shut down/blown up. This should be it's own thread though, I like to keep threads on topic
(04-22-2018, 08:35 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 08:09 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

hmmm, id prefer a hub in each department that handles nearby communications that can be hacked, be ruined by a power out or shut down/blown up. This should be it's own thread though, I like to keep threads on topic

made a thread https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=10369
(04-22-2018, 11:10 AM)Xaltonon Wrote: Traditionally they were used to relay the uninhibited screaming of a thousand buttbots into the ear canal of every human in a three parsec radius of the station, but this practice has been lost to the sands of time.

Sadly you also can't deep-fry 20 of them, eat them, and shout in 512pt font anymore either.