Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
tell traitors where to get their gear!
traitors can now get their items through one of three ways, it would seem: PDA, as usual. Headset (which spawns in their bag), and the worst, through the call-syndicate verb hidden under the commands tab, with nothing in the round start pop-up or the traitor's notes that indicates where the verb is. it's dumb, I spent about 30 minutes without gear cause i assumed it was broken and didnt really care, but I've seen like 3 mentorhelps of people with the same problem.

Either don't have traitor gear come through the call-syndicate verb, or put a big thing in their notes saying that's where it is. it's dumb
So that's why I couldn't figure out how to get my gear once.
Why is that even a thing ?
It helps hide things from sec. I believe you do get some text saying where it is in the popup. It's just that old players don't read it.

Either way the notes verb shows where to find it.
(04-22-2018, 10:11 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: Either way the notes verb shows where to find it.

(04-22-2018, 01:12 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: with nothing in the round start pop-up or the traitor's notes that indicates where the verb is.
If you are going to continue using the fake station-bounced radios for the "call syndicate" verb, at least update them to use the new station bounced radio sprite.
Last I heard you'd only get a radio when the standard code + pda failed to trigger correctly. So this is news to me.

I mean, I'm not coder and wouldn't know, so I went ahead and asked about in in the Code Zone.
Personally I like the idea of just having it tied to a special radio frequency for any headset because...
  • PDA might get stolen for the ID
  • PDA might get blown up by detomax
  • Radio headsets fairly easy to find
  • Still detectable Sec for evidence gathering
  • Opens up avenues for traitor special chat command. Switch to syndicate channel, talk to other traitors on that channel with special chat command with auto obscured name
So, just have a note that if you switch a headset to such and such frequency, you can use it normally but using a special chat command like :z and saying a codeword opens up your item menu, while also allowing you to chat with other people on the same frequency, but with a generic name so they can't identify you by voice
Headset uplinks needs to be secured a little bit more, since right now you can just spam all the frequencies and hope it unlocks. this is a good idea:
(04-22-2018, 12:43 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: using a special chat command like :z and saying a codeword opens up your item menu, while also allowing you to chat with other people on the same frequency, but with a generic name so they can't identify you by voice

Could use the same code that the gogo gadget hat thing uses.
(04-22-2018, 04:42 AM)Haprenti Wrote: So that's why I couldn't figure out how to get my gear once.

Same, glad this thread popped up!
(04-22-2018, 10:15 AM)Triacontakai Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 10:11 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: Either way the notes verb shows where to find it.

(04-22-2018, 01:12 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: with nothing in the round start pop-up or the traitor's notes that indicates where the verb is.

I have most definitely used the notes verb to look up the radio frequency I needed.
Yes, the radio and the PDA work well, but not the call-syndicate method of obtaining them.
(04-23-2018, 06:24 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: I have most definitely used the notes verb to look up the radio frequency I needed.

(04-23-2018, 08:18 AM)Recusor Wrote: Yes, the radio and the PDA work well, but not the call-syndicate method of obtaining them.

Yes, the specific issue here is that if you do not spawn with a traitor headset or PDA code you will still have the "Call Syndicate" command at your disposal. However, your notes will not mention this (or even the round start "You are a traitor!"/objectives text) and it may very well look like you just don't have any syndicate resources unless you carefully look over your commands/verbs.
(04-23-2018, 08:18 AM)Recusor Wrote: Yes, the radio and the PDA work well, but not the call-syndicate method of obtaining them.

Exactly. It should either be removed or have a big obnoxious thing in notes/round-start pop-up that tells the traitor to use the call-syndicate button