Poll: Who is your favorite member of the cobra unit?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Joy
13.33%
2 13.33%
The Sorrow
6.67%
1 6.67%
The Fury
6.67%
1 6.67%
The End
46.67%
7 46.67%
The Fear
6.67%
1 6.67%
The Pain
20.00%
3 20.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Angry Wasp Crossbow [New Weapon]
[Image: metal_goon_solid.png]

I was inspired by a dream I had to combine the weapons of The Fear and The Pain into one unholy amalgamation.

The simplest way to explain this abomination is to say that it's basically a mini-rad crossbow, but it shoots a spread of wasp eggs instead of radiation bolts. Okay, so they're not really all that similar, but the self-charging is the same.

Note: this weapon is botanist exclusive because space wasps don't attack botanists.

Compare:
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...s:wasp-gun

Diff:
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...p-gun.diff

Patch:
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...-gun.patch

Edit:
Although it's technically unnecessary, it would be neat to have some dedicated sprites for this.

Double Edit:
Yes, this would work with the admin bullet hell version of my prismatic spray.
What a nightmare. Voted 5.
I just recently replayed through that and I was really appreciating The End fight again. It really serves as your first real test in the game where you have to use every element of the games systems to win.

It's a long stamina battle, so you've got to hunt and forage.
You've also gotta stay on top of treating your gunshot wounds so you don't pass out. You've got to keep your camo index high to avoid being spotted, you've got to use a lot of your tools  and senses to find The End.

You gotta prove you're good enough for the rest of what the game is going to throw at you. Almost right after that fight is the ladder sequence, so you're figuratively and literally ascending to a new level. It's good stuff
Well this is just absolutely terrifying. Do the eggs implant, then hatch? Do they just hide places and then become wasps? Do they turn into WASP DOOM on contact?
(04-22-2018, 10:43 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Well this is just absolutely terrifying. Do the eggs implant, then hatch? Do they just hide places and then become wasps? Do they turn into WASP DOOM on contact?

The eggs hatch immediately on impact.

If the projectile expires before hitting anything, the wasps will hatch on projectile expiration.

Either way, you're always getting wasps.
Man, I do really like the idea of embedding wasps in people.

Maybe a wasp that hits people can do that, doing a bit if damage over time and popping out a slightly buffer wasp if left untreated.
(04-22-2018, 03:43 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Man, I do really like the idea of embedding wasps in people.

Maybe a wasp that hits people can do that, doing a bit if damage over time and popping out a slightly buffer wasp if left untreated.

Okay, but this shoots wasp eggs, not the wasps themselves.
(04-22-2018, 03:57 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 03:43 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Man, I do really like the idea of embedding wasps in people.

Right, so the egg is in the person, hatches into larvae, eats them to get big and strong, and then pops out of them stronger than if they just hatched where they land
(04-22-2018, 05:16 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

Right, so the egg is in the person, hatches into larvae, eats them to get big and strong, and then pops out of them stronger than if they just hatched where they land

That sounds too utterly horrifying to make, even for me.
(04-22-2018, 05:26 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 05:16 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

That sounds too utterly horrifying to make, even for me.

just a hunch but it feels like initrobeedril or royal initro or whatever it is (im not that well versed on chems) would have a lot of useful code that could be refactored if you ever want to go through with horror wasp idea
Bro if you want horror chestburster wasps just buy a syringe gun and 9 poison bottles. Chances are one of them is going to have ice spider eggs.
Quote:Initrobeedrill
merged