Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stackable ingredients
I've been playing chef a bit more and one thing I've noticed, sometimes it's a huge chore to make a bunch of things becuabe of how you can never hold more than two at a time.

For instance, cutting a loaf of bread creates about 6 or slices that have to be individually handled

I think something that could save a lot of time and effort would be ways to carry things that were more intutive than a produce satchel.

One way would be to just bundle all the items together like cards or metal sheets

I was also thinking it would be nice if cookware served a larger role in cooking, so you could say, toss a bunch of steaks into a pan and cook 8 steaks at once rather than individually
bumping a great idea

tedious clickwork is my biggest gripe with Chef, it punishes you for trying to produce food with any kind of efficiency or volume.
Yeah, love this. Lots of items could benefit from having a reasonable max_stack. I'm content with making the chef's cool but mostly pointless job easier and more fun, tho.
This is a good idea and I'd be super happy to see more chef tweaks now that we have food traits.
Just to mention that there is a (sort of?) precedence for this in the clown's juggling mechanic? Maybe, similar to the clown, it could require a specific mutation or identifier for dedicated chefs especially?
(04-24-2018, 10:00 AM)Recusor Wrote: Just to mention that there is a (sort of?) precedence for this in the clown's juggling mechanic? Maybe, similar to the clown, it could require a specific mutation or identifier for dedicated chefs especially?

This is cool and makes the chef useful. 
Regular TV-dinner unenlightened slobs can only hold one ingredient per hand. 
True masterful flavor artists can make dozens of sandwiches out of a stack of loaves of bread in one hand, and an entire crew's worth of flesh in the other.
You know in cartoons how they'll make a sandwich like they were dealing cards in poker? That's basically what I had in mind