Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Deputy! Because too many wussies aren't applying for HoS
Pulled from the recently Necro'd HoS thread, I think it would be fun to have a sec equivalent of an HoP, able to do anything the Captain can but without the same role/status. They would pretty much be in charge of Security if no HoS is on board and would gain Armory access if the confirmed hostiles button has been pushed and would notify the crew over comms that the Armory is open. This prevents sec from having to break in to get their gear and even then not getting much of it. It would also fix the problem of no HoS being around. When a HoS IS around they could be relegated to keeping the department in order, cleaning up messes and making sure everything is in working order. You COULD make it so a certain amount of Security experience is required to use (25 rounds of Sec, 30 hours, etc.)

As suggested a deputy Marshal as a gimmicky job would be a lot of fun, given a revolver box and asked to keep security in gear. 1-3 could be spawned in per round and would act like an actual deputy did in the old west as the HoS's gun buddy group that helps with potentially dangerous situations and would mainly hunt down highly dangerous criminals that would be too dangerous for regular Sec to go after.
yeah and yes
300 hours or 100 rounds both seem a bit, uh, high.
(04-17-2018, 08:33 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: 300 hours or 100 rounds both seem a bit, uh, high.

yeah im not even sure i have 100 rounds of ss13 combined, tbh
What happens if this sec HoP isn't around either? This role seems a bit unnecessary to me.

I'd prefer adding something that grants sec officers armory access under dire times.
I think having normal Sec gain access to armory doors and lockers while the alarm is in effect would solve that issue

Though, I am in favor of a useless Deputy role that is just assigned to the first Sec Officer to join, or randomly if multiple are at round start

Sort of like the Syndicate Commander
The problem with giving Sec armory access is the grey area between a fixable problem and a dire moment, the Deputy's job would be to determine which is which (Unless HoS is there, then they grab a tazer/ their potential weapon and get ready for a brawl). I do agree with Frank on that it would be a good idea to have it as 1st Sec officer to join, perhaps there could be an option at the bottom of the job select to turn it on and off for newbies

Or even just have Armory auto-open upon shuttle call, Deputy being the mall cop watching cams with a wooden pistol
Quote:The problem with giving Sec armory access is the grey area between a fixable problem and a dire moment, the Deputy's job would be to determine which is which

Why give this responsibility to a new role rather than a sec officer? If it's because deputy would be a whitelisted job, based on how many hours/rounds you play as sec, I would argue that the criteria still doesn't guarantee responsibility or trustworthiness, and that deputies would probably show up just about as frequently as heads of security.
The requirements would be much lower (Just an amount of time played) and automated so us wussies who don't want to apply for HoS can still open the Armory without as much risk of traitors nabbing a newbie sec officer's ID and opening it themselves
I support the idea of a deputy with the caveat that it's a gimmick sec role with a big cowboy hat and a six shooter and otherwise totally normal sec access and not any of this other stuff

the sec equivalent of the HoP is the HoS we don't need some other thing
I was thinking a simpler solution: if there is no hos, then give a random officer armory access(with all officers being told who has access at roundstart). If there are no roundstart officers and no hos, then the first person to latejoin as a security officer gets armory access.
if we give armory access to random sec people then what even is the point of HoS being whitelisted???
(04-17-2018, 02:21 PM)Haine Wrote: I support the idea of a deputy with the caveat that it's a gimmick sec role with a big cowboy hat and a six shooter and otherwise totally normal sec access and not any of this other stuff

the sec equivalent of the HoP is the HoS we don't need some other thing

Whenever I get a cowboy hat or boots as a trinket, that's usually exactly what I'll do, so very much yes to that idea

Like I said earlier though, I do like the idea of being able to access the armory if the bridge alarm is active. Sec can't get into the bridge normally, so they still need a head to open it for them, but the station wide alert let's everyone know that armory guns might be in play. If the Captain or HoP tries to abuse it it'll be real obvious who is responsible

HoS would still have the advantage of being able to open it whenever without alerting the whole station
This idea seems really unessiccary when any nerd can just call themselves "Boss of security" and start telling the other nerds what to do, especially so when rank means literally nothing since I respect the opinion of the barman more than I do the captain.
If you really need armory access, just have the AI hack open the doors. It takes a while sure, but it eventually works.