Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Deputy! Because too many wussies aren't applying for HoS
Whats the point of having armory access be HoS exclusive anyway when the regular sec gear is better or its contents are available elsewhere. The only unique and dangerous things I can think of that are in there are the pod weaponry and the stinger grenades.
(04-17-2018, 06:39 PM)Xeram Wrote: Whats the point of having armory access be HoS exclusive anyway when the regular sec gear is better or its contents are available elsewhere. The only unique and dangerous things I can think of that are in there are the pod weaponry and the stinger grenades.

That is a good question.
I was gonna ask, but figured I just missed some update. The armory has been practically useless since the riot shotgun change. No, I hated old riot shotguns. I just figured sec'd get mechanized armor or something cool but not straight up murdery.
So what I'm getting from this is that:

Deputy should be a literal Deputy that spawns with a Det. revolver (Drawing people away from picking Det for the gun)

Armory needs a revamp in general, mostly useless right now other than the stinger grenades and pod guns

Implied lightly that pod tasers suck ass

Armory should "open" (Accept regular Sec ID) upon hostile threat alert

Hostile threat alert should be changed to something scarier as to make it worthy of pressing (Shit is fucked, get your O2 and hide in a locker)
goonstation is dying stop restricting content to x amount of playtime when people aren't playing anymore, let this be more accessible than ever before. fuck the nerd pride shit let's have fun
(04-18-2018, 04:22 PM)OMJ Wrote: goonstation is dying

You've been saying this since the stamina change and we are still here. In fact the community is more alive then ever. Always people in IRC and Discord and 25-40 players whenever I go to play.

(04-17-2018, 06:41 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 06:39 PM)Xeram Wrote: Whats the point of having armory access be HoS exclusive anyway when the regular sec gear is better or its contents are available elsewhere. The only unique and dangerous things I can think of that are in there are the pod weaponry and the stinger grenades.

That is a good question.

(04-17-2018, 03:20 PM)Haine Wrote: if we give armory access to random sec people then what even is the point of HoS being whitelisted???

I thought the point was to find players who could be trusted to deal out lethal punishment when needed. Also I agree if this is not gonna be a gimmick job then it's unnecessary.

The tranq rifles can be a godsend, especially against nukies, and the MD is just as likely to shoot himself or leave it in their locker then to use theirs
Seeing how the thread is going I figured i'd change the OP, Deputy is now Marshal as to be historically accurate to the name's meaning, Deputy meaning second in command