Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyborg limbs for dismemberment?
Seeing as we're going to have dismemberment soon, I was thinking (and I know others have talked about this, as well) that if you lose a limb, you should be able to get a cyborg replacement limb attached.
Maybe cyborg limbs could have mini-modules instead of working as normal hands. as in, if you have a cyborg limb, you can swap it out between any of 3 - 5 tools related to your module. So as engineering, you would get a bunch of basic tools you could use. Or janitor would get a mop or bucket arm. Or the medical arm would give you those stamps and a syringe.
So basically all of the upsides to being a cyborg, with none of the downsides?

Just make robot limbs act like a normal limb, maybe require battery power.
That's more akin to what I was thinking. Just a replacement. Maybe a little stronger or something, but nothing you'd be purposefully looking to do every round or whatever.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:with none of the downsides?

That's why I said mini-modules. Just the basic equipment required for that specific module. being a normal arm would be fine, too.
Quote:So basically all of the upsides to being a cyborg, with none of the downsides?

Just make robot limbs act like a normal limb, maybe require battery power.

Actually, Being that if you replaced a limb with a cyborg arm, you wouldn't be able to grab anything with that arm.

Add in some requirement that you have to insert batteries to keep the arm working.

Someone with two cyborg arms wouldn't be able to hold a battery, so once both arms die, they have to get the arms replaced, or have a robotics replace the battery for them.

Also, if cyborg legs are also added, perhaps someone who lacks a battery for the leg can't walk anymore, or becomes much slower because they have to hobble on one foot.

Not to mention, once you have a certain minimodule, you're more or less stuck with those items unless you manually change it to something else. Plus security officers won't find much use out of a cyborg arm because there's no sec module, unless they use a standard module because it has a flashlight, crowbar, and camera monitor.

Perhaps the minimodules could have reduced quality, e.g fire extinguishers that carry less foam, welder's that don't carry as much fuel, flashlight that doesn't last as long, etc.

Fitting all those tools in one arm has got to be problematic for a design that should look remotely human.
this might already be a thing since I saw Infinitemonkeys hacking people's arms off with a chainsaw and then maybe sticking new arms on them?

I didn't see much since I immediately grabbed the saw from him and chopped his arms off but there was a pile of robot arms next to him so maybe that's what he was doing.
Quote:Sunday, June 2nd, 2013

Infinite Monkeys
Dismemberment of arms is in. It can be caused by bombs, extreme brute damage and surgery. Be sure to cauterise the stump before you bleed to death!
Arms can be reattached using the medical stapler or replaced with robot arms.

There you go.
Also
Quote:Any surgery requiring an operation table can also be performed on an ordinary table if the subject is unconscious or dead.
was like a suggestion I made wayyy back about emergency operations. Horray, finally a use for that knock-out gas.
LET'S JUST STEAL /TG/'s code and ideas!!!!
:woot: :woot:
Tteckk Wrote:LET'S JUST STEAL /TG/'s code and ideas!!!!
Yes, stealing. Not like they stole the entire game or anything.

...wait...
C-sabers should automatically cauterise the wound. Everyone knows that. Pfft. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well firstly I didn't steal a single line of code from /tg/, secondly I have no idea how dismemberment works there, thirdly their entire server is based on the public release of goonstation.
i'm pretty sure baystation is the only other server with dismemberment.. e.g. not tg All Ears
Infinite Monkeys Wrote:

Well firstly I didn't steal a single line of code from /tg/, secondly I have no idea how dismemberment works there, thirdly their entire server is based on the public release of goonstation.
Nah, I never had the thought that you would stole anyones code.
Nubcake Wrote:i'm pretty sure baystation is the only other server with dismemberment.. e.g. not tg All Ears
Ah, I played a few rounds on another server which had dismemberment, It had SUPER HARDCORE ROLEPLAYS AND ERMERSIONS. So i thought i was on the famed TG station.
Tteckk Wrote:Ah, I played a few rounds on another server which had dismemberment, It had SUPER HARDCORE ROLEPLAYS AND ERMERSIONS. So i thought i was on the famed TG station.
Cyborg limbs is from that server i played on, gives you buffs so a lot of people wanted it.