Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bee day
Bee day is a day each month that runs Extended all day and has fun adventures solveable by cooperation!  Mentors would be encouraged to be around, not only to answer questions but to help new players in game learn the systems!  Basically I want this day to be like space bees.  Fun, friendly and occasionally deadly.  

So yeah like bizarro ass day, with a focus on coop adventuring and mentoring/learning new systems.  I am under no illusion we will get a surge in players any time soon but it is more fun when everyone knows how to play!
sounds like some sort of compulsory team-building exercise. I'd love to hate this.
I want it, 5 stars
beestruction mode
We need beeswax as a construction material
make it a day when mentors can build adventures
Personally, I think this would be great. Or maybe even just alternate Ass Day and Bee Day?
I'd be cool with this with the requirement that, just as with Ass Day on #2, #1 remains unchanged for refugees to come and explore the fun world of RP.
This is odd, but it sounds like a good idea. I'm in!
Do NOT alternate them, perhaps have a separate designated day like the 26th (13+13)
I very much support this idea
(04-16-2018, 09:23 PM)poland spring Wrote: Bee day

(04-17-2018, 12:08 PM)Wonkmin Wrote: Have it non bee-themed and I'm totally there. The whole bee thing is very overdone now. (he says, still not tired of stupid owls and a silly video involving a yeeing dinosaur..)

Yee day?
(04-17-2018, 04:15 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: beestruction mode

I like this idea! course you do, lagg

Every ?month?, the server would go into a sort of Extended-Construction mode, with one loooong round where the crew build off of and maintain a very bare-bones station. At the end of Beestruction Day (or at certain intervals), the map and all the stuff inside it is saved somehow for next Beestruction Day.

Course, what's the point of building a model spacestation if you don't get to mess it up?

Every Beestruction Day after the first (or some time during the first if it gets to a fuck-uppable level of built) will have antags enabled! Smash up the station you built, then... build it again. The round still goes on for as long as the server remains stable, and the map is still saved every so often, so the stuff you built and broke will still be just as built and broken next Beestruction Day.

Course, if the station gets *too* smashed, like someone clustercanbombed the entire z-level, the round can go back to Extended until there's enough station there to smash.
Or perhaps you could just have the first few hours of the day after bee day be destruction time for whatever was done during bee day.

How would accidental death be handled for bee day if its a continuous round? Respawn on?

And folks learning things like explosives and related deathy things, would that still be 'debris field only'?
I actually love this idea! This is adorable.