Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fixing wizard spells that bypass chaplain's immunity
Right now, chaplains are not as good of a counter to wizards as they should be, even excusing the cases where they don't exist (which I made another thread for), there are too many spells that can effect chaplains despite their supposed immunity to magic. In this thread I will go over any spells I know of that bypass chaplain's divine protection and suggest solutions.

• Staff of Cthulhu: Right now the SoC still gets it's stun/knockdown and brain damage melee effect when used on chaplains, making it just as lethal against chaplains as it is against any other player. I suggest that not only should the SoC lose it's unique melee effects against a chaplain, turning it into a bog-standard bludgeon; but also that chaplains should be able to pick up the staff without it's curse activating and that a wizard should be unable to recall their staff while it is in the hands of a chaplain.
  • Fireball: This one is pretty frequently brought up as one that can bypass chaplain immunity, due to it being an explosive projectile rather than a standard targeted spell. My solution is simple: If you click any tile that would put a chaplain in the blast radius, the spell fizzles without even firing a projectile.
  • Summon Golem: I am fine with golems being able to attack chaplains, but I think that if a chaplain attacks a golem, it should instantly destroy the golem, and with the golem simply vanishing rather than exploding into hellsmoke like they usually do when they die if they fall by a chaplain's hands.
  • Animate Dead: Similar to the above, I still think that skeletons should be able to attack chaplains, but that chaplains should be able to instantly kill skeletons and stop them from auto-reviving. Something about purging the evil spirit from the skeleton or something.
This is all spells I know of that bypass chaplain immunity. If you have any spells I missed or have alternate ideas for what these spells should do if used on a chaplain, that's what replies are for.
I don't think the fireball solution is practical because a chaplain could always move into the blast radius after the projectile has already been launched.

That having been said, you made me realize that I forgot to implement some form of chaplain community for my prismatic spray wizard spell. v

Edit: fixed